• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andy Griffith Dies

Sad day, he was getting pretty old though.

Who would have thought GOMER would outlive them all?

Sad, though I must admit that I was a bigger fan of Andy Taylor than I was of Andy Griffith.

Sad, though I must admit that I was a bigger fan of Andy Taylor than I was of Andy Griffith.

Andy Griffith was an extremely good man. He helped lots of people throughout his life.

Yours was a very cheap shot.

Andy Griffith was an extremely good man. He helped lots of people throughout his life.

Slightly cheap...maybe....very cheap...no

Saying you aren't a fan of someone, but it's sad they passed is not a cheap shot.

rjkarl knows about taking cheap shots at the recently deceased before they are even buried.

PS: Saying you like Andy Taylor better than Andy Griffith isn't a cheap shot. It would have been a cheap shot if Mebane had called him bad names and/or impugned his character.

I could see some joking about Griffith being a Tar Heel. Or being pissy that he was a lifelong Democrat. Or his convincing role as evil John Wallace in Murder in Coweta County. But no joking in Mebane's comment.

Only on the internet could a discussion about an old minor celebrity dying turn into a pissing match so quickly.

You people need to chill the fuck out.

The Estate of Jessie Helms sends its best, R.J.

Only on the internet could a discussion about an old minor celebrity dying turn into a pissing match so quickly.

You people need to chill the fuck out.

This should be posted at the top of every single thread on this site.

He's not a minor celebrity, just because you're 12 years old and don't know who he is...

Snookie is a minor celeb, Andy Griffith is a legend.

So you thought that a fictitious character that was fleshed out by a group of writers controlling every situation was better than a regular human being? What a shock

For nearly half a century Andy Griffith was a major celebrity. His influence is still being felt through Ron Howard who credits Andy for much of his current and future success.

Don Knotts/Andy Griffith = one of the greatest comedic teams on TV.

For nearly half a century Andy Griffith was a major celebrity. His influence is still being felt through Ron Howard who credits Andy for much of his current and future success.

Please note that I have agreed with you on 3 separate threads this morning. I must be drunk

Back