• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Andy Griffith Dies

Seinfeld is not "today's" programming. the last episode came out nearly 15 years ago.

arrested development is a great show and will remain in the memory of comedy lovers for years, but i doubt parks and rec will.

i think comparing comedies across eras (especially american comedy) is tough to do as demographics and tastes change.

You are right but it speaks to the quality of the best shows (like TAGS) that they are still as enjoyable as they were when they originally aired. It will be interesting to see if Arrested Development and Parks and Rec will hold up. They are two of the best shows in the last few years but only time will tell if they are timeless.

WFMY in Greensboro used to always play the show just before their evening news. Not sure if they stopped, but until a few years ago it was still regularly on the air.

My guess is that they must have known a few days/week ahead of time that the end was near and made all the preparations ahead of time.

I heard that he requested a natural burial (no embalming) and maybe that is why it was done quickly?

has anyone actually watched an ep of tAGS recently? i feel like there's a lot of bullshit flying right now

Yeah I actually watched a couple of them the other day. TVLand cuts them up and eliminates scenes which is a shame, but they still hold up as funny even though I've seen them prob 50 times.

Though Frances Bavier was from NY, she lived out her life in Siler City when she retired after TGAS and spinoff.

What I didn't know until Googling her just now - she went to Columbia U.

Though Frances Bavier was from NY, she lived out her life in Siler City when she retired after TGAS and spinoff.

What I didn't know until Googling her just now - she went to Columbia U.

She was a crazy cat lady in her last years. My uncle was a policeman in Siler City. He responded to a call from Aunt Bee's neighbors that they hadn't seen or heard from her in several days. He went over to her house. No one responded to the door bell so he found an open window and went in. He found her in a room, wearing her bathrobe, hair down, surrounded by cats. She made him promise not to tell anyone that she was in there.

She was a crazy cat lady in her last years. My uncle was a policeman in Siler City. He responded to a call from Aunt Bee's neighbors that they hadn't seen or heard from her in several days. He went over to her house. No one responded to the door bell so he found an open window and went in. He found her in a room, wearing her bathrobe, hair down, surrounded by cats. She made him promise not to tell anyone that she was in there.

Her own version of the "Dogs, Dogs, Dogs" episode?

Back