• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
After our draft tonight:

10 team PPR league: 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 R/W, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K

3 keepers

QB: RGIII, Schaub
RB: Forte, D. Murray, K. Smith, P. Thomas, C. Benson
WR: R. White, A. Johnson, Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, Chris Givens
TE: J. Finley, D. Keller
K: Gostkowski
D: usually play matchups, but picked up NYJ for the first week

Pretty happy with my draft, especially if RGIII pans out.

Last edited:
After our draft tonight:

10 team PPR league: 1 QB, 2RB, 2 WR, 1 R/W, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K

3 keepers

QB: RGIII, Schaub
RB: Forte, D. Murray, K. Smith, P. Thomas, C. Benson
WR: R. White, A. Johnson, Dez Bryant, Justin Blackmon, Chris Givens
TE: J. Finley, D. Keller
K: Gostkowski
D: usually play matchups, but picked up NYJ for the first week

Pretty happy with my draft, especially if RGIII pans out.

Yeah...who the hell were you drafting against? That's a really good team imo.

Yahoo just changed their player rankings so the drafts are heavily affected. After taking Rodgers in the first round (3rd overall) of a 12 team draft, was able to grab MJD with the 22nd pick and Ryan Mathews with the 27th.

Only other player I remember seeing drop a lot on their rankings was Jason Witten. Lots of players moved up a great deal, though. Worth taking a look if you haven't recently before doing a draft.

Forte, A Johnson, and White were my keepers

Went in wanting to take a flyer on RGIII, and most teams came in with a QB1 or got one quickly, so I could focus on rounding out my WR/RB and played the game to see how far he'd fall.

Of the ten of us, really only one is a moron in drafting (college age kid who has way too much allegiance to Clemson, so he picked up Spiller in the 2nd round (not including keepers) and Ford in the 5th).

Forte, A Johnson, and White were my keepers

Went in wanting to take a flyer on RGIII, and most teams came in with a QB1 or got one quickly, so I could focus on rounding out my WR/RB and played the game to see how far he'd fall.

Of the ten of us, really only one is a moron in drafting (college age kid who has way too much allegiance to Clemson, so he picked up Spiller in the 2nd round (not including keepers) and Ford in the 5th).

Well your wake allegiance is showing. I kid.

I'm in a 8 team league and I feel like my team is stacked.
1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1D/ST,1K
QB: Cam
RB: A. Foster, A. Bradshaw, R. Mathews, D. Williams, D. Brown
WR: A.J. Green, S. Smith, A. Brown, T. Smith, R. Wayne, M. Floyd
TE: A. Gates, D. Keller
D/ST: 49ers
K: M. Crosby

My draft is today. 12 teams no ppr. We have six point per throwing td and yardage bonuses. Theres going to be a huge run on QBs in the first two rounds. I have the second pick. Rodgers will prob go first. Need to decide whether to take Brady/brees or a rb and prob end up with a Matt Ryan

My draft is today. 12 teams no ppr. We have six point per throwing td and yardage bonuses. Theres going to be a huge run on QBs in the first two rounds. I have the second pick. Rodgers will prob go first. Need to decide whether to take Brady/brees or a rb and prob end up with a Matt Ryan

Brady

16 team league. Always a struggle - hate my RBs.

QB: Brees, Russell Wilson
RB: McFadden, Mcgahee, Mikel Leshoure, mike Goodson
WR: Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice, Denarius Moore, Laurant Robinson
TE: Graham, Moeki
K: Prater

Trying to figure out how you got Brees and McFadden...

11th pick? Still crazy for Brees to either drop that far in the first and McFadden to fall that far in the 2nd.

12 team, no PPR, 6 points for passing TDs

QB: Brady
RB: McFadden, SJax, Green-Ellis, David Wilson, Ronnie Brown, Taiwan Jones
WR: Harvin, Torrey Smith, Heyward-Bey, Blackmon, James Jones
TE: Finley
DEF: Lions

Lineup: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K
Thoughts?

12 team, no PPR, 6 points for passing TDs

QB: Brady
RB: McFadden, SJax, Green-Ellis, David Wilson, Ronnie Brown, Taiwan Jones
WR: Harvin, Torrey Smith, Heyward-Bey, Blackmon, James Jones
TE: Finley
DEF: Lions

Lineup: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K
Thoughts?

How did you get Brady, McFadden, SJax??

Trying to figure out how you got Brees and McFadden...

11th pick? Still crazy for Brees to either drop that far in the first and McFadden to fall that far in the 2nd.

12th - Brees first, then McFadden, then Graham the Bowe. Weird draft - I never would have taken Graham, but he dropped into the 3rd round was ridic. In this draft, Forte, AP, MJD and Demarco murray all went before McFadden - I don't like McFadden, but again, couldn't pass him up.

12th - Brees first, then McFadden, then Graham the Bowe. Weird draft - I never would have taken Graham, but he dropped into the 3rd round was ridic. In this draft, Forte, AP, MJD and Demarco murray all went before McFadden - I don't like McFadden, but again, couldn't pass him up.

Drafting a RB this season is such a crapshoot. Do I want Adrian Peterson coming off a torn ACL? MJD who might not even show up, or might show up at 3 bills? McFadden who will probably stub his toe in the 4th game and miss the rest of the season? Matthews, who will earn all of his season total fantasy points in just 5 games, and sleep walk through the other 11?

My Team:

QB: Cam Newton (9th)
RB1: Ryan Matthews (12th)
RB2: Peyton Hillis (52nd)
WR1: Andre Johnson (29th)
WR2: Wes Welker (32nd)
Flex: Reggie Wayne (69th)
TE: Antonio Gates (49th)
Kicker: Dan Bailey (132nd)
Defense: Pittsburgh (112th)
Defensive Player 1: Darnell Dockett (152nd)
Defensive Player 2: Eric Weddle (169th)

Bench:
RB3: Benjarvus Green-Ellis (72nd)
RB4: Roy Helu (129th)
RB5: LeGarrett Blount (172nd)
WR3: Darius Heyward-Bey (89th)
WR4: Greg Little (109th)
WR5: Nate Washington (149th)
QB2: Robert Griffin III (92nd)

Last edited:
Back