• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Annual Fantasy Fball/Advice Thread

Great advice and thanks WFU1990...except today it is announced Romeo Crennel is probably gone so who knows what the Chiefs will do (Charles). I got Cruz in there with Johnson at WR, but now I am back to square 1 with my W/R:

Charles --- another 9 carry/10 yards rushing game will kill me
Garcon at Philadelphia - been hot
James Jones home to Tennessee - been hot
Amendola at Tampa (Tampa Bay is last in pass D) - can go 2.0 or 22.0 - waiver pickup
Brandon Lloyd at Jacksonville (leaning this way, but he apparently has a tricky knee right now) - has been hot

If I can get this W/R correct, I am going to win my league over a dude who is 14-1. Help!!!

Cruz and Lloyd.

Broncos D and I'd play Charles over any of the others. His coach has something to play for so they will probably feed him the ball.

Need Championship game help at RB badly:

Pick 2 in PPR:

Green-Ellis
Bradshaw
David Wilson
Michael Turner
Dexter McCluster
Curtis Brinkley

If Bradshaw was out, I would do BJGE and Wilson pretty much for sure. Now that it looks like Bradshaw will play, I am crazily thinking about starting McCluster in my championship game. He had 7 catches last week and is #1 receiver in KC. If he can duplicate 7 catches again, that's pretty much a guaranteed 10pts and all I need out of my RB2 with this sorry squad (Im still amazed I made it to 'ship with this team...)

Help!

help me with my roster for the championship game which way would you guys go all my players besides Arian are hit and miss so I am stumped.

Ryan or Eli

Cobb
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Roddy White
Anquan Boldin
Maclin

3 of the wr's.

That safety got me like 6 or 7 more points. 5 bonus points for 400 yards passing.

Ryan and Roddy combined to give 72.

Still need 2 wr of

Maclin
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Boldin

Thank you wallace, arian, gates, and DMC for nothing today. Thanks to Roddy, Ryan, and GB D I have a 20pt lead with a half a quarter to go for a championship come on guys.

Brees about to win me my league championship. Still hate the Saints, but I will worship at the church of Breesus this offseason.

What you mean like this. Fuck Dez Bryant. Fuck DMC, Foster, and Mike Wallace. My only chance now is Pitta getting 20+ so much for the 72 by Roddy and Ryan.

I drafted the Seattle D and held on to them after giving them up briefly in Week 2.

I drafted Russell Wilson as my 3rd QB and let him go. Ugh.

finished 2nd and 3rd in my two leagues.

I am the Atlanta Braves of FF. Usually in the hunt, but fall short of the title.

Fucking hate fantasy football.....led the entire league by 3 games almost all season.....led by 300 total points

And then Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson get less than 10 pts combined and the fuckass who never paid his dues had Brees and Dez Bryant go off for close to 70 points combined in the championship and beat me.

Afterwards claimed that 2nd place shouldn't get their money back even though he didn't pay up...so now I'll probably be left without anything

Fucking hate fantasy football.....led the entire league by 3 games almost all season.....led by 300 total points

And then Arian Foster and Adrian Peterson get less than 10 pts combined and the fuckass who never paid his dues had Brees and Dez Bryant go off for close to 70 points combined in the championship and beat me.

Afterwards claimed that 2nd place shouldn't get their money back even though he didn't pay up...so now I'll probably be left without anything
Fuck that shit. He shouldn't get anything if he didn't pay his dues.

How did you guys not decide on payouts way back when? And isn't this your league with 5 other friends, Slim? Dude sounds like a complete douche.

Every league should have a constitution. Should state everything from rules to payouts to penalties if dues aren't paid by x date.

I somehow won my 14-team FF league. Team was basically Aaron Rodgers, Brandon Marshall, and a bunch of dudes who should be working at Foot Locker. Only picks that in hindsight appear "smart" or good or whatever was Eric Decker in round 5 and CJ Spiller in round 7.

And yea, I know I'm that guy who came on here to just to post that he won his fantasy league. But I can admit that my team stunk and I also don't pretend like I myself had anything to do with my team's "success," so I don't feel as bad.

Fuck that shit. He shouldn't get anything if he didn't pay his dues.

How did you guys not decide on payouts way back when? And isn't this your league with 5 other friends, Slim? Dude sounds like a complete douche.

Every league should have a constitution. Should state everything from rules to payouts to penalties if dues aren't paid by x date.

I thought we stated the payouts at the beginning of the season, but I guess not...and most of the guys don't pay attention to the message board on the league page so all of my notices for unpaid dues went unaddressed....I almost double checked around noon about paying out 2nd place (which I thought was commonplace) on Sunday but got distracted and didn't...I figured I was going to win since we both had 2 guys play Saturday night and I had a 40 point lead going into Sunday....he had the highest score of any team all season.....the guy that won was basically in 2nd for the second half of the season and he had lost his job...so I guess $25 is too much though I know he spent money pretty easily for other frivolous things.

The funniest thing is, from the very beginning $25 of the prize money was going to be spent on a trophy for the league since we hope this will be an annual thing (THAT part WAS 100% stated at the beginning when we decided to make it a pay league)....now the guy that won wants us all to chip in extra to buy a trophy so that ALL of the prize money goes to the winner...lol

Next year I will make damn sure to get it all clear from the beginning since I'm the commissioner...

Seriously though, these stats show how shitty this loss was:

Sex Panther would be 3-13 if they played DeaconSlim every week.
Sex Panther would have been undefeated if they played every team in the league this week.
Sex Panther would be 5-7 if they played the same schedule as DeaconSlim.
Sex Panther would be 34-44 if they played every team every week.
DeaconSlim would have lost to two other teams besides Sex Panther this week.
Had they played each other last week, Sex Panther would have lost to DeaconSlim 142.74 - 111.28.
If they played the same schedule as Sex Panther, DeaconSlim would be 10-2.
Vinegar Strokes would be 58-20 if they played every team every week.

HAHA....I'm actually the only one that finished in the top 3 that actually paid my dues back when the season started....we're all getting together to play poker tomorrow night where the other two say they will pay up, but it's still bullshit that they waited....

Last edited:
I'd like to give a shoutout to A. Morris for being a complete and utter stud. Romo I'm just glad you didn't shit the bed so bad my boy couldn't pull your sorry ass out of it.

Back