• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe that people aren't willing to distinguish between free speech and hate speech, I think it's a relatively easy distinction to make.

It's not okay to make statements referencing the Holocaust in a taunting manner just like someone coming out with a CP3 name with a negative reference to black people isn't acceptable.

I also don't really see why Moonz is still a mod at all.

And I don't see why it matters who is and isn't a mod on a 100% independent post/don't post/visit/don't visit this place is as important as the length of a man's nose hairs message board. Why anyone gives a rat's ass about Moonz around here is something he probably asks himself a dozen times a day.

If you are a year beyond puberty, the shit being debated on this thread shouldn't matter to you.

For pure entertainment value, I give this thread a big thumbs up, however. Chuckles abound.

And I don't see why it matters who is and isn't a mod on a 100% independent post/don't post/visit/don't visit this place is as important as the length of a man's nose hairs message board. Why anyone gives a rat's ass about Moonz around here is something he probably asks himself a dozen times a day.

If you are a year beyond puberty, the shit being debated on this thread shouldn't matter to you.

And yet you decided to weigh in with your opinion on the debate... :rofl:

Last edited:
Don't give West End shit....He was the only person in the Bay Area who had a clue where he was. I might still be driving around up there after some of the directions I got. :)

There was construction......

To be fair, I can, I just haven't. And I am still waiting for a definition of stalking that applies.

The fact that you won't say your hate speech was wrong tells the people who read this board all they'll ever need to know about you.

OVER 5,000 PEOPLE CAME TO SEE ME. 5,000 I TELL YOU. ALL WE HAD TO EAT WERE TWO FISHES AND 5 LOAVES OF BREAD.

I didn't know rj is Jewish and I've been around wayyyy longer than toogs wayyyy more often

I post infrequently outside of the occasional mafia game and I know RJ is jewish. How? Because this board seems to be pretty cool with people ripping him for it and then we all end up seeing soap operas like this.

RJ bitches. People troll more. Mods seem to do very little.

Moonz steps over lines, but all the other mods don't do much either when it comes to the recent rash of anti semetic comments and attack. I don't get why its acceptable to say such terrible things just to teach someone a lesson about how rep isnt important. Is it acceptable to use the n word or make light of the holocaust as long as one is trolling? Thats like slipping up and just saying hey I was just joking. Why can't it just be simple. Why not use the banhammer powers? Toogs makes anti semetic attacks. Ban. Posters threaten bodily harm on others. Ban. Eventually it stops no?

eta: mistakenly attributed one poster's quote to the wrong poster

Last edited:
Say what you will about the goobers at Scout, they did ban rj one time for sending them too many whiny PMs and whining too much on the boards about Milhouse.

It was pretty fucking funny.

Say what you will about the goobers at Scout, they did ban rj one time for sending them too many whiny PMs and whining too much on the boards about Milhouse.

It was pretty fucking funny.

Didn't they also ban Milhouse for anti-Semitic comments?

i think the worst part about the newly non-anonymous rep is the way that it completely feeds on itself. it's completely circular. the anonymous system had a built-in defusion mechanism - if someone negrepped you, that was it, unless they signed it. now it's a big dick measuring contest - who can be the biggest dick?

in retrospect, i don't think that most anonymous negreppers were pussies, they just didn't feel like getting into a monthlong pissing contest with someone, but instead chose the private driveby. it now seems clear that there are plenty of people who will negrep just as they did before, but now it turns into these big namecalling arguments. people who like to be argumentative are GOING TO ARGUE, and no one wants to back down, especially in what has become a dog-eat-dog environment.

people are calling for bans for the first time in a year. i seriously can't recall the last time that bans were so openly discussed by so many people, even if those people don't include the mods.

i'm sure some will think that the solution is to get rid of rep. but then it will ALL be out in the open and this board will become unreadable. rep lets people vent a little rather than blowing up all over the place.

in conclusion, fuck all of youse. :D

Didn't they also ban Milhouse for anti-Semitic comments?

milhouse was banned for posting a caricature drawing that sent rj into absolute hysterics. well, at least it seemed like it at the time. now it just seems like rj.

no. they banned me because i posted a fucking picture on a thread about joe lieberman. that picture caused rj to throw a goddamn hissy fit, start multiple threads, and i assume (i'm just guessing here so bear with me) send a PM or 729 to mods. we were both given a week cooling off period because, you know, he overreacted and i couldn't help but mock him.

Diggler with words of wisdom.

Totally missed the board drama here. Keep up the good work.

it's no wonder rj likes ron artest. crazy knows crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back