• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's bullshit that you go around as a mod sharing what other folks say in Rep.

I have to fully agree with this, I would like to think that those with access to this individual exchanges would have the discretion of us subscribers. I come here because I cherish the community, but if someone is playing Wizard of Oz and/or e-Stalking, I do not know if I could stay here.... food for thought guys

I have to fully agree with this, I would like to think that those with access to this individual exchanges would have the discretion of us subscribers. I come here because I cherish the community, but if someone is playing Wizard of Oz and/or e-Stalking, I do not know if I could stay here.... food for thought guys

blah blah blah

.. especially since Moon said in the post that it was referring to PMs, not reps.

You're right. Misread his post. Doesn't discount what has/does happen regarding rep, nor does it excuse sharing publicly what has been said privately in PM's.

You're right. Misread his post. Doesn't discount what has/does happen regarding rep, nor does it excuse sharing publicly what has been said privately in PM's.

what did i share?

i didn't post the pm

so if someone pmd phdeac and called him the n word and he brought it to our attention we should do nothing?

what did i share?

i didn't post the pm

so if someone pmd phdeac and called him the n word and he brought it to our attention we should do nothing?

No, you should simply ban or punish the poster. No need to post in a thread what was said in private. But I get that you enjoy the power trip.

No, you should simply ban or punish the poster. No need to post in a thread what was said in private. But I get that you enjoy the power trip.

what power trip, billy bob?

rk sent the pm to me

no mod powers were used

i can't see pms

so, explain the power trip thing to me, cooter

As a child of the lord, I pity your insincerity and internal need to cyber bully. People like you and George Zimmerman make me sad for humanity.

I pity the fact that you waste your life believing in a fantasy

Since we're sharing private things publicly, here's what my posts above earned from the mod of the century:
u seriously need to go on a diet--those bitch tits are out of control

Irnoic that he takes a stand above against hateful things said in private when he's one of the most guilty of continued hateful comments towards other posters via rep, tags, and out in the open posts.

Seriously, how has this guy been allowed to stay on as a mod? Does he have pictures of a naked orgy between the rest of the mod team or something?

Last edited:

1) We're not sharing that information (rep). Racer simply misread his post. No worries there, hombre. However, if someone PMed us information about something we have just as much right to post that information as anyone else that had received it as well. Unless you explicitly state in a PM that it's a private matter I don't see the problem with that.

Like I said above, sharing a PM you've received (at least partially/the context of such a pm) is not necessarily disallowed. There's not something magical about a PM that implies that the information can not be shared. In fact, in many cases posters probably would like us to act on such PMs, and doing so at all would shatter any expectation of privacy wrt the contents of such a PM, given our policy to be transparent.

1) We're not sharing that information (rep). Racer simply misread his post. No worries there, hombre. However, if someone PMed us information about something we have just as much right to post that information as anyone else that had received it as well. Unless you explicitly state in a PM that it's a private matter I don't see the problem with that.

My apologies for the misunderstanding, you seem like a good person, why does RJ want to slash toogs' face?

Eh, I wouldn't worry about it Racer. Whenever he's not blowing dudes at rest stops or staring at his lifesize cut out of Anthony Bourdain Moonz likes to send me rep calling me fat all the time.

He just a pathetic, middle aged, closet case.

Just curious, what does PM stand for?

My apologies for the misunderstanding, you seem like a good person, why does RJ want to slash toogs' face?

Because RJ and Toogs are currently involved in some sort of awesomely over-the-top rep war with eachother. Toogs neg reps RJ because RJ cares too much about it in the first place (which he claims not to), and then RJ gets mad about the negrep (strange, huh?) and wants to fight back. They could probably both lay off it, it's really just wasting both their times.

Like I said above, sharing a PM you've received (at least partially/the context of such a pm) is not necessarily disallowed. There's not something magical about a PM that implies that the information can not be shared. In fact, in many cases posters probably would like us to act on such PMs, and doing so at all would shatter any expectation of privacy wrt the contents of such a PM, given our policy to be transparent.

So, when you decide to do somethign about the poster, be transparent about it and share what was said. But posting what RJ said in a PM to Moonz (thankfully, we know RJ never expands upon the truth) about what Toogs said in a PM to RJ just for the sake of sharing or calling out another poster doesn't really seem to fit into any policy of transparency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back