• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anonymous Rep Now Public!

What should we do with rep?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a relic of the old DS sports days (and beyond), and it stands for private or personal message. You'll find that it's referred to in no such way on this site, as you just have an inbox with the ability to send what are only referred to as messages.

Because RJ and Toogs are currently involved in some sort of awesomely over-the-top rep war with eachother. Toogs neg reps RJ because RJ cares too much about it in the first place (which he claims not to), and then RJ gets mad about the negrep (strange, huh?) and wants to fight back. They could probably both lay off it, it's really just wasting both their times.

Sounds like RJ should be the better man and turn the other cheek before he gets too mad and slices toogs with a knife like my friend had happen to her.

So, when you decide to do somethign about the poster, be transparent about it and share what was said. But posting what RJ said in a PM to Moonz (thankfully, we know RJ never expands upon the truth) about what Toogs said in a PM to RJ just for the sake of sharing or calling out another poster doesn't really seem to fit into any policy of transparency.

Or he should at least clarify that he received such info from RJ, and that the info might not be as reliable as a result. I do agree with that.

Any other poster would be free to post the contents of such a message if he received it imo. I think you just assumed Moon received his information using mod powers, and that's what makes it bad to share. But since that's not the case, I don't see the need for any uproar.

Sounds like RJ should be the better man and turn the other cheek before he gets too mad and slices toogs with a knife like my friend had happen to her.

RJ's a little crazy, but he's not that crazy.

However, if Toogs was really concerned about getting slashed, it's a simple as stopping the negrepping of RJ. They could both "be the better man" in this situation.

hopefully the nurses at the home wake rj up soon, feed and diaper him so he can come on here and "set the record straight"

RJ's a little crazy, but he's not that crazy.

However, if Toogs was really concerned about getting slashed, it's a simple as stopping the negrepping of RJ. They could both "be the better man" in this situation.

That's a fair point. In Toogs' defense I have heard his dog hates him at a Michael Vick level, and he tends to use negrep as a vehicle for expressing his angst towards his mutt.

You're thinking of the wrong religion of Abraham dood

That's a fair point. In Toogs' defense I have heard his dog hates him at a Michael Vick level, and he tends to use negrep as a vehicle for expressing his angst towards his mutt.

are u just one terp sticking up for another?

rj has helped me out on the recruiting trail, and i am good friends with seth g, so i'll let the people decide:

TOOGS Said THIS:
it must have sucked killing 200 family members.

I SAID THIS:
FUCK YOU!!!

Call me a Nazi??? I'd love have you in front of me right now. I lost almost 200 members of my family to the Holocaust.

You are a such a worthless little pissant.

TOOGS SAID THIS:
Originally Posted by Toogs
how is it abuse, unless you care about rep, which you say you don't? You're a doubletalker. Like a nazi, you cannot be trusted.

Has not stopped toogs from sending RJK vicious anti-semetic pms

Please post. My exact words were ""You're a doubletalker. Like a nazi, you cannot be trusted." I probably would have worded it differently if I knew he was jewish.

I'd be happy to post all of his pm's to me if that's allowed, he's been a complete lunatic.

LOL@ you being a mod.

On most boards, PM's are considered private. Obviously forwarding to the mods must happen sometimes. However if that is not the rule here, I will gladly post the entire conversation, it's rather epic. I await confirmation from teh mods that this is appropriate behavior.

Yeah nothing like a Jeff [Redacted] parody that has a giant "Buzz Out!!!" in its signature, or tag line, or whatever you call that

Should we start a new poll about PM's? Based on my inbox, I can guess how RJ might vote in that one. :popcorn:

On most boards, PM's are considered private. Obviously forwarding to the mods must happen sometimes. However if that is not the rule here, I will gladly post the entire conversation, it's rather epic. I await confirmation from teh mods that this is appropriate behavior.

Personally I think anonymity is a treacherous thing in a world where danger is lurking around every dark corner, e-stalking you, and waiting to slash your face. However, messages like you are referring to should be kept private, but if you are allowed to share I think it would make everyone more content with forming their own opinions on what has happened.

Post it and I'll blow you while you sit back and consume an entire bag of Doritos. "Family Sized" bag.

It appears you're good to go since we have mods posting the contents of PM's about other PM's...and not just posting them, but logging in from one of their many parody accounts to post them.

Remember, this is a board that started because the mods sucked on the other board.

I'd rather you not, tbh. This whole thing is kinda dumb.

You called him a nazi without knowing his background, he exploded angrily back, and you cracked a joke back in response to his anger.

It's probs ok just to let this one die, if that's possible. It takes two to tango, so no need to respond to PMs on either side.

Should we start a new poll about PM's? Based on my inbox, I can guess how RJ might vote in that one. :popcorn:

Racer, the difference is you and I had a problem and got past it.

Another major difference is our problems started due to direct interaction with each other.

Yes it got heated, but it is hopefully behind us. Even at its worse you would never have thought to say I was complicit in the slaughter of hundreds of members of my family.

"I probably would have worded it differently if I knew he was jewish."

Clearly after I told lost a huge number of family members in Holocaust you would have understood I was Jewish. The rational response would have been,"I'm sorry. I didn't know."

But not you. This was your response,"it must have sucked killing 200 family members."

You took it to another level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back