• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another casualty of the bzz error...

mothersodear

Reaction score
...is my lack of interest in the ACCT. Used to be one of the most anticipated and exciting weeks of the year. That's just no longer the case.

Sad.

Last edited:
...is my lack of interest in the ACCT. Used to be one of the most anticipated and exciting weeks of the year. That's just no longer the case.

Sad.

I've felt apathy towards even the NCAA tournament for 3 years now. A group of us used to go to the 1st/2nd (now 2nd/3rd) round games every year. We picked a location in advance and bought tickets the year before. We always tried for a location that was likely to have at least an ACC school. 10 years running we did this, then [Redacted]'s era began. We haven't been to the NCAA in 3 years. Culture change has definitely changed things for us. Doesn't help that the NCAA changed the pod system too allowing 1 and 2 seeds in the same stadium. Nothing worse than getting Duke & UNC especially when they are blowing out teams 1st and 2nd round. Makes the games less competitive, granted they haven't been that good for a few years now.

I might watch the final game . . . if I don't have anything better to do. :rulz:

To be honest, I stopped caring about the ACC Tourney before [Redacted].

The ACCT is an antiquated idea with little relevance since the NCAAT expanded. It has even less excitement due to the two expansions of the ACC. There are far less true rivalries and markedly less intensity because of it. At this point, it's simply a cash cow.

The ACCT is an antiquated idea with little relevance since the NCAAT expanded. It has even less excitement due to the two expansions of the ACC. There are far less true rivalries and markedly less intensity because of it. At this point, it's simply a cash cow.

If you are us. If you are State or Clemson or Florida State, it is very relevant. If you win the ACCT, you are in the NCAAT. Some teams need a win or two to possibly get in. A few teams have a chance, realistic or not, of winning 3 games and getting in the NCAAT.

If you are us. If you are State or Clemson or Florida State, it is very relevant. If you win the ACCT, you are in the NCAAT. Some teams need a win or two to possibly get in. A few teams have a chance, realistic or not, of winning 3 games and getting in the NCAAT.

#jaybonethecontrarian

I grew up and still live in Big Four country. I assure you there is great enthusiasm about the ACCT every year with much bantoring and crowing before and after around here. Was always a lot of fun until I found myself without a horse in the show. I know I've talked with lots of Wake fans around here who feel exactly the same way.

Can't help but drive down the road tomorrow and pick up a cheap ticket for the game. The ACC tourney is still a great time, but I do wish we had a snowball's chance in hell...

But I think Rivalries are forming too. Duke/Syracuse for example is going to be a great rivalry over time, especially with those 2 dinasaurs coaching. add in the great games from this season....

Next year with the addition of national champions, again, more light/drama cast on every game. This is why we need wake relevant NOW.... to get some skin in this game.

All Championships are awesome, a team like Georgia or the aformentioned F$U/Clemson has a legit shot to run the table and get in as a Cinderella.

The ACC Tournament is but a shadow of it's former self. 1) Expansion; 2) Duke winning 10 of the last 15 tourneys; 3) Wake's futility during that same time period; 4) Expansion; have all but killed any interest I once had in it.

Odom had greater struggles than either of them in the years he didn't have Tim. In the other eight years, GDO won exactly one game.

Dino win exactly zero ACCT games. Hard to struggle more than that.

The ACC Tournament is but a shadow of it's former self. 1) Expansion; 2) Duke winning 10 of the last 15 tourneys; 3) Wake's futility during that same time period; 4) Expansion; have all but killed any interest I once had in it.

#1 and 4 for certain. Expansion has killed off any sense of tradition and rivalries not just in the ACC but in all conferences. Shit, just look at the pile of shit the Big East has become. People here can rail on the BE but if you were around in the 80's/90's, you know some of those BE games were amazing. Pittsburgh/NC State? Miami/Clemson? BC/Louisville? Seriously- how do you give a fuck? Sit and try to rattle off all ACC members without stopping. Our shit record since Odom's days only compound that.

I'll miss the Big East tournament like crazy this year, but the first couple days of it were shit. Rutgers/West Virginia or South Florida/DePaul suck just as hard as Miami/VT or BC/Clemson.

Back