• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another Terp FB player to transfer

Mark Ennis @Mengus22
Rumor is Stefon Diggs is going to announce today he'll be transferring from Maryland in 2013.

well played

It makes absolutely no sense, but Mike Locksley is LOVED in this area like nothing I have ever seen before. In a month and a half he took Maryland from no chance with Diggs to landing him.

Somehow Rangoon will fuck it all up though.

Maryland will be Ok in time with their football. Fridge won the ACC 10 years ago & had gotten hard to deal with plus they had not produced a good product. You see players leave all the time when coaches change & there is new philosophy, work out styles and intensity differences.

Juxtapose this with The Reff's continuous bitching about Wellman firing George Greer (4-20 in the ACC in his final season at Wake) and Odom because they had had previous success at the school.

Juxtapose this with The Reff's continuous bitching about Wellman firing George Greer (4-20 in the ACC in his final season at Wake) and Odom because they had had previous success at the school.

That's because The Reff is an idiot.

First Wes Brown...now Diggs..all after a 2-10 season.

Impressive.

I really don't know how in the hell Maryland ended up 2-10. Nothing on Edsall's resume says that he is an awful coach. He actually had a pretty impressive tenure at Connecticut.

It is terribly hard to win at UConn...their recruiting area sucks and they have to compete with BC (when BC was actually good), Penn State and teams like Florida (who seem to have a weird fetish for recruits from Charlotte and Connecticut).

`

Last edited:
I really don't know how in the hell Maryland ended up 2-10. Nothing on Edsall's resume says that he is an awful coach.

Just an awful human being.

He actually had a pretty impressive tenure at Connecticut.

It is terribly hard to win at UConn...their recruiting area sucks and they have to compete with BC (when BC was actually good), Penn State and teams like Florida (who seem to have a weird fetish for recruits from Charlotte and Connecticut).

It was a decent build job from where they were but his record there is inflated with mostly all garbage to mediocre wins.

It makes absolutely no sense, but Mike Locksley is LOVED in this area like nothing I have ever seen before. In a month and a half he took Maryland from no chance with Diggs to landing him.

Somehow Rangoon will fuck it all up though.

Dude is money. I'd rather see a local kid end up at UMD than go to OSU or UF.

Danny O changed his mind, just flashed across the ticker of UL-'Cuse that he is transferring.

Just an awful human being.

It was a decent build job from where they were but his record there is inflated with mostly all garbage to mediocre wins.

Sounds like Tom O'Brien at BC.

Perhaps more importantly, two starting lineman left too.

Also, Maryland blocked his transfer to Vandy. Dicks.

I thought Edsall told all the players at the end of the season that if they wanted a transfer all they had to do was come speak to him. Guess they want to play hardball now to try and put a stop to it. Agree, dick move.

How does that program manage to land a five star recruit with all this shit surrounding it?

O’Brien did request and was granted his release from Maryland. One stipulation: Maryland Coach Randy Edsall did not give O’Brien his release to transfer to Vanderbilt, according to an individual familiar with the discussion between O’Brien and Edsall. The head coach at Vanderbilt, of course, is James Franklin, the former offensive coordinator/head-coach-in-waiting at Maryland.

O’Brien chose Maryland a few years ago primarily to play for Franklin. If Edsall had allowed O’Brien to transfer to Vanderbilt, it’s unclear that O’Brien would have done so. But Edsall is not allowing O’Brien to make that move.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/post/source-maryland-coach-randy-edsall-would-not-release-danny-obrien-to-transfer-to-vanderbilt/2012/02/13/gIQAVm6KBR_blog.html

Back