• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anthony Fields - Officially a Deac

think it is time people knew the REAL story on Fields.

He lead his high school team to 2 championships and played against most of the point guards currently in college and smashed them. Played against Quinn Cook and it was so bad Quinn's coach took him out of the game. Some of his teammates were Quincy Miller (Baylor), Dom Pointer (St. Johns), Charles Mckinney(Depaul),Josiah Turner (Arizonia). He is a pass first point guard but is capable of putting up points if necessary. He averaged 13 points 10 assists a game. That is what Wake saw and liked. Battle attended his games as well as Buzz.

First problem: Anthony broke his hand in his championship high school game. It was a blow out and Anthony had 18 points. It happen the last 2 minutes of the game. It was a broken scaphoid of the left wrist. Same injury Kendall Marshall has. Wake had already offered him when this happen. The kid was in a cast and had a second surgery to help with healing. He got the cast off two weeks before Wake's season started.

Second Problem: Minimal Physical Therapy on the wrist because the season had started and they needed him. But even with all of this is expected to perform at the highest level. He tried. His hand was weak from being in a cast almost 6 months and thus he is not 100%. He did not play not because he could not roll in the ACC but because because the hand was not 100%. He never had a chance to prove what he could do if he was 100%.

Buzz tried to play him did not like what he saw and pulled him. He went all the way with TC and did not look at Anthony again. Not the kids fault. Anthony got a raw deal. Now you have bench players starting over you and the general impression you are not wanted equals transfer. Anthony was always smiling and cheering on his team no matter how bad it was and I know it had to hurt like hell. I really wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up. He is a class act on and off the court.

I will take a kid like this on my team any day.

I wish Anthony, Tony and Carson all the best in the world. I hope they move on to have tremendous success in NCAA MBB and if not, I hope at least they go on to have great success in their lives. I hate it when we lose kids to x-fer or otherwise but once a Deac, always a Deac in my opinion.

I live right next to Tony and Travis, and Anthony is good friends with them. Anthony was walking right behind me going into my residence hall one day, and after I held the door for him, he said, "Thank you very much, sir. That's very kind of you." Really wasn't expecting that. Seems like a really nice kid. I wish him the best.

Really wish Anthony all the best wherever he ends up. Always seemed like a really good kid. You know, the kind you want representing your university on your basketball team. That kind.

I live right next to Tony and Travis, and Anthony is good friends with them. Anthony was walking right behind me going into my residence hall one day, and after I held the door for him, he said, "Thank you very much, sir. That's very kind of you." Really wasn't expecting that. Seems like a really nice kid. I wish him the best.

He called.you sir?

Do you look especially old for your age?

The few interactions I had with Fields were all positive. He is a great kid. Very respectful and intelligent. Carries himself well. Whoever gets him will be very lucky because no matter how his basketball career pans out, he will be an outstanding representative of a university.

He's a winner and he will do great things in his life. I wish him well.

Here's what we got so far:

"Anthony is a welcome addition to the Wake Forest basketball family," said [Redacted]. "With his speed and quickness, he possesses the unique ability to play 94 feet both offensively and defensively. He also has the awareness to break down the defense and find open shooters in a half-court setting. At this stage of his career, Anthony possesses similar qualities to Ishmael Smith when he was coming out of high school."

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041411aaa.html

Is Buzz insane?

Saw the title an thougt he changed his mind. Damn.

Back