• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anthony Grant fired

Eh, they're certainly not the most storied program ever, but they did make the tourney five straight years from 2002 to 2006. They also made it 12 of 14 years from 1982 to 1995, which included six trips to the Sweet 16.

And a second round win over Wake Forest in 1991.

The board never had a love affair with Kingsbury as a coach. They had a love affair with Kingsbury's persona. And nobody thought Kingsbury was a serious coaching candidate.

You spell Brasky "B-r-a-s-k-y," not "the board"

And a second round win over Wake Forest in 1991.

Funny, I don't remember that game, and I just don't remember Bama being that decent in the 80s-90s. I better remember Auburn from those days with the Round Mound of Rebound measuring the amount of pizza he eat by the pizza, not the slice.

Was a 4/5 game in Atlanta (wait, Wake lost a game in Atlanta???), and a shootout, 96-88. Prevented us from playing Richardson and the Hogs in the QC

Was a 4/5 game in Atlanta (wait, Wake lost a game in Atlanta???), and a shootout, 96-88. Prevented us from playing Richardson and the Hogs in the QC

I remember the game, but I thought we were a much lower seed that year.

There's a rumor going round the Hoosier boards that predates Grant's firing that claims that Tom Crean wants out and will be taking over at Bama. Doesn't seem realistic to me because Crean is too proud to leave IU for what would be viewed as a demotion.

good alabama team with sprewell, horry, melvin cheatum and james robinson

i think chris king lit them up

That didn't take long. I believe a lot of people here wanted him.

I think Bama and Grant were a mismatch from the beginning. Grant's going to succeed at a smaller environment. He should follow the Amaker route and focus on a more academic university that will appreciate his background and approach. He played at Dayton, so I think a similar scale school would best fit his personality and style.

I think Bama and Grant were a mismatch from the beginning. Grant's going to succeed at a smaller environment. He should follow the Amaker route and focus on a more academic university that will appreciate his background and approach. He played at Dayton, so I think a similar scale school would best fit his personality and style.

Might end up there if Archie gets a job this year.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Grant was an assistant at Florida under Billy Donovan for 10 years. So, he had an extensive background of coaching in a large SEC school environment. Part of the problem for Grant or any coach at Alabama is that historically the only talent base where you have the chance to beat the power schools is for in-state and/or Mississippi talent. When Wimp had his run, Alabama and Missippi HS produced a lot elite talent (Ennis Whatley, Robert Horry, Derrick McKey, Mo Williams, Roy Rogers, Antonio McDyess, Gerald Wallace), over the past 6 years that area has not produced much elite basketball talent, and it's hard to win without the top talent.

Grant>[name redacted] all day long.

1ba1b6de036b3daa75dc21e28a0b7cbe.jpg

Back