• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Antonio Ford?

I don't know a ton about orthopedics but I don't think it matters much if the fibula is involved or not. It's a very minor part of weight bearing. The bummer is he broke his tibia, that's tough.

You're right.

Did he have it done in MD or Winston? I would think they would want to operate on a complete break pretty quickly.

I believe it was done here in Winston. The surgery could have been delayed due to swelling, but I have not heard a reason so far.

If he had an open fracture they would have probably done it in MD. Otherwise put him in the air cast and get him down to Winston and have the team docs for Wake do it.

As I mentioned above I don't think the addition of the fibula fracture adds much to his prognosis. Have a tibia fracture is serious business and will be the driving force in his return/recovery. Fibula just has a minor role in weight bearing and some ankle support.

He was taken to a hospital in Maryland for evaluation, he made it back to the airport in time to fly home with the team. As far as I know he broke his Tibia and has already had 2 or 3 surgeries. He's in for a tough stretch but he's a great kid and a hard worker so hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

I don't understand how you have more than one surgery unless the first was fucked up.

Back