• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Any transfers?

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying Madison Jones is not an ACC caliber player. He is not good. That said, I think you honor the kids scholly, and if he wants to stay that is the end of it.

The fact you two can't understand the difference speaks volumes.

Daniel has lost two seasons to major knee injuries. To suggest that he graduate with his class after four years and four summers of classes is natural. I wish the NCAA would be wise to allow kids in his situation to choose between playing and putting themselves in harms way versus just being a student and graduating.

Daniel risks impacting his quality of life for the next fifty by playing too much. The reality is the knee isn't meant to be repaired over and over and over again.

But you two shouldn't let reality and concern get in the way of your failed childish attacks.

I noted this on another thread, but Manning also had a bottleneck situation at Tulsa. Of the ten guys who played at least 10% of the minutes across the season, there were seven sophomores, a freshman, and two seniors. That's basically where Wake is.

Madison Jones is going to be the third PG on the team next year. It just make sense for him to go.

Tree may be able to find some minutes, but McClinton probably cuts into the very few he already has.

I agree w/ Wrangor that those two are the most likely.

Does Green really need to add anything to his College-HOF career at this point? #HangIt

The fact you two can't understand the difference speaks volumes.

Serious question, I see the "rj rips on moto" tag pretty regularly. What is your problem with Moto? I'm happy he's a Deac!

Last edited:
Green could take medical hardship at any point I think and not get counted against our scholly limit. He can get his degree as a regular student and still have his ride. Just no more basketball.

Serious question, I see the "rj rips on moto" tag pretty regularly. What is your problem with Moto? I'm happy he's a Deac!

Two years ago, I said something like he doesn't have a lot of basketball skills yet (but could learn them) and that he should never shoot threes that's it.

Can someone answer a question for me, a huge fan of Wake bball but otherwise not well-versed on the recruiting/commitment/LOI stuff?

Do I understand it correctly that any commitments Manning had at Tulsa can now get out of their commitment and follow him to Wake (provided they meet the standards etc.) If so, who are his commitments?

If this has been covered already I apologize.

Can someone answer a question for me, a huge fan of Wake bball but otherwise not well-versed on the recruiting/commitment/LOI stuff?

Do I understand it correctly that any commitments Manning had at Tulsa can now get out of their commitment and follow him to Wake (provided they meet the standards etc.) If so, who are his commitments?

If this has been covered already I apologize.

They can get out of their commitments as long as the school releases them. You commit to a school, not a coach.

Bake, we only have one scholarship available for this year.

They can get out of their commitments as long as the school releases them. You commit to a school, not a coach.

Does he have any big dick commitments we might want?

rjkarl said said:
Bake, we only have one scholarship available for this year.

unless there are transfers, right?

I suggested on the recruiting thread for Rondale to keep his scholarship he needs to be Manning one on one. Maybe this should apply to all the other players already on scholarship.

Yeah I wonder if Tulsa will let him out of his letter but not let him follow Manning to Wake. We'll see.

Two years ago, I said something like he doesn't have a lot of basketball skills yet (but could learn them) and that he should never shoot threes that's it.

...aaaand from jan of this year

Tree should be starting for Moto. When Moto is on the court, they can give him anything beyond 3' and he doesn't create for others. He tries hard on D, but is nowhere near as disruptive on D as Tree is.

Moto is at least a year and a half from deserving to be in the starting lineup.

Back