• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody else feeling pretty good about football this year?

We were fucking awful last year. As in historically bad football by the end of the season. I wouldn't expect much this year unless something clicks out of the blue.

I am thinking 5-7 with 2 or 3 close losses so we could get to 6-6 or 7-5...

I think with the shakeups on the staff plus the number of starters coming back for next year and the reports of increased size on the OL that things are lining up for us to see some major improvements from last year...

We were fucking awful last year. As in historically bad football by the end of the season. I wouldn't expect much this year unless something clicks out of the blue.

We actually achieved "fucking awful" status right out of the gates. We didn't wait around until the end of the season to reach that.

Unfortunately our D has to improve a long way to get to just bad. People seem to forget that the only 2 competitive games (aside from Duke or Presby) were against teams who chose not to pass. Once they finally did air it out, we got destroyed.

I'm generally optimistic because we have a head coach that has proven he can win at Wake. A bad season from Grobe is easy to forgive (as long it doesn't become the norm obviously).

I'm not counting on a bowl trip in December, but I do think we will be better this year based on players getting older, some new guys getting their chance to play, and the shakeups in the staff. Bringing in some new blood on the staff is reason for some optimism. 4-5 wins is likely, though I expect there will be more close losses this year than last. Could be similar to 2004.

You know I thought about that too MBDeacO8, then I thought about the 2005 season when we went down to Clemson and lost that heartbreaker 34-31 in 2OT after Ben Mauk's unbelievable performance. We never put it together again that year either which was similar to 2004 and we finished 5-7! Could be possibly similar this season too!

Unfortunately our D has to improve a long way to get to just bad. People seem to forget that the only 2 competitive games (aside from Duke or Presby) were against teams who chose not to pass. Once they finally did air it out, we got destroyed.

I agree Pinochadeac, but thos two losses to Georgia Tech 24-20 after blowing a 17-6 lead in the 4th quarter and then the loss to Navy 28-27 was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew after that there was no way we could bounce back after two heartbreaking losses like that!

I agree Pinochadeac, but thos two losses to Georgia Tech 24-20 after blowing a 17-6 lead in the 4th quarter and then the loss to Navy 28-27 was the straw that broke the camels back. I knew after that there was no way we could bounce back after two heartbreaking losses like that!

...ew those 2 losses still make me sick. :rulz:

Back