• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody else feeling pretty good about football this year?

Jim Grobe - Head Coach
Tim Billings - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers
Tom Elrod - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Lonnie Galloway - Passing Game Co-Coordinator/Wide Receivers
Keith Henry - Assistant Coach/Special Teams Coordinator
Brian Knorr - Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Steed Lobotzke - Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
Ray McCartney - Recruiting Coordinator/Defensive Tackles
Billy Mitchell - Associate Head Coach/Running Backs/Kickers
Steve Russ - Assistant Coach/Secondary

I wonder about the inconsistent placement of the "Co." It's before Defensive for the DCs, but before Coordinator for the Passing Game Coordinators.

No club soccer this fall - I'll miss it, but am really excited to be able to attend games regularly again. In.

Im completely honest when I say I live for football season. Things are great when we are good, but even when we suck, it's still a chance to see some friends I only get to see a handful of times per year. Tailgating is one of God's great gifts to humans.

The 2011 Schedule features games against 9 Teams that made Bowl Games in 2010 Syracuse, N.C. State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College, Clemson, and North Carolina. This schedule will have games against teams that will likely be ranked when we play them as well Florida State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, and North Carolina. I am going to say, honestly; 5 wins this year Gardner Webb, Duke, Vanderbilt, and Maryland at home, along with N.C. State because we've won the last two at home against them!

The Offense needs to be more consistent Tanner Price needs to be a leader at the Quarterback position the running game has to be more effiecent along with the Offensive Line. Defense can't give up the big plays as they did last season at times and more importantly we have to get off to a good start this year!

Im completely honest when I say I live for football season. Things are great when we are good, but even when we suck, it's still a chance to see some friends I only get to see a handful of times per year. Tailgating is one of God's great gifts to humans.

Your my kind of guy tsywake Football is life I love it too!:D

I have the same problem I had last year. There's nothing I can point to on this team and say "our team does this well". It's going to take a lot of improvement just to be competitive. I'm glad there have been changes in leadership, though.

First post on the new board. I am not optimistic in terms of wins, but I think we will be a better team. To PHDeacs point, I guess we were ok with field goal kicking. I'm not sure we can count on it again, but I hope we can.

Special Teams are not an issue, but I am not entirely sold on that! We can't just settle for Field goals every time we are in the red zone but as long as we get the ones that decide the games in the end that's fine by me.

First post on the new board. I am not optimistic in terms of wins, but I think we will be a better team. To PHDeacs point, I guess we were ok with field goal kicking. I'm not sure we can count on it again, but I hope we can.

Special Teams are not an issue, but I am not entirely sold on that! We can't just settle for Field goals every time we are in the red zone but as long as we get the ones that decide the games in the end that's fine by me.

Yeah, I should take it back somewhat. Last year, I was fine with Newman. He was a good kicker as a freshman and was a good kicker last year.

Before last year, I would have said the problem was what RobertSharpe said. But we managed to take a step back to barely even getting to the red zone to give Newman a chance to get 3 points on the board.

Think we'll be better but doubt we win more than 4. The defense has a LONG ways to go.

Unfortunately, I agree with this.

I think we'll continue to find high points among our many losses but this schedule is just too hard for us to have success. Even with a lot of improvement, we will still lost to some of these teams.

Hoping this year creates a foundation for us to compete for an ACC title 2 or 3 years down the road.

If we can establish a running game with the bigger OL and a soph J-Roc, that would go a long way towards masking our defensive weaknesses. It would also allow us to get Newman on the field more.

Big if.

Always optimistic about football. Not rational, but something about the summer lull makes me think we're gonna have a good team.

I'm generally optimistic because we have a head coach that has proven he can win at Wake. A bad season from Grobe is easy to forgive (as long it doesn't become the norm obviously).

I'm not counting on a bowl trip in December, but I do think we will be better this year based on players getting older, some new guys getting their chance to play, and the shakeups in the staff. Bringing in some new blood on the staff is reason for some optimism. 4-5 wins is likely, though I expect there will be more close losses this year than last. Could be similar to 2004.

Back