• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody watch the State of the Union????

ITC summed it up for me already. It was fluff.

I tried and got bored. POTUS summed it up well this morning on the drive in. It was 50 sound bytes wrapped into one long boring speech.

They suggested a better strategy would have been to focus one one area (jobs/economy/education - pick one) and spend the majority of the time trying to build a national consensus.

I can't remember the last time I watched one of these...maybe when Ronnie was Prez.

Have you all ever seen a State of the Union address before? That's what it was. He's not going to do PowerPoint slides outlining a jobs plan. Doesn't really matter what he and the American people want anyway if the House Republicans don't want it.

(See last year post-Sandy Hook)

I was in bed by 9PM and asleep by 915. I figure most of it was either fluff, bullshit, or pie in the sky fantasies.

Have you all ever seen a State of the Union address before? That's what it was. He's not going to do PowerPoint slides outlining a jobs plan. Doesn't really matter what he and the American people want anyway if the House Republicans don't want it.

meh, some of them are definitely better than others

The SOTU is like Buzzball for me now. I mostly forgot it was happening, and then when I remembered, I turned it on for a few minutes, said "meh" and decided to watch Sherlock.

The SOTU is like Buzzball for me now. I mostly forgot it was happening, and then when I remembered, I turned it on for a few minutes, said "meh" and decided to watch Sherlock.

Sherlock is incredible.

No, tired of the new boss and the federal government's inability to do anything. I don't believe it is his fault, but intractable situation nonetheless.

A SOTU Powerpoint would be hilarious.

No, tired of the new boss and the federal government's inability to do anything. I don't believe it is his fault, but intractable situation nonetheless.

Tea-Party-Activist1.jpg

Hell no. I tuned out this windbag years ago. I can probably sum it up for you though: clap clap, everyone now has health insurance thanks to me, clap clap, everyone now has a job thanks to me, clap clap, everyone needs to own a home, clap clap, main street, clap clap

That there was no thread on this last night is very telling.

----------
Tapatalk.

better question: did anyone watch the rebuttal?

Cathy McMorris Rodgers is kinda hot for a congressperson

Last edited:
One of the things I miss most about living in D.C. is watching the SOTU at a bar and doing shots.

Back