• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone else notice Gyms and Sidewalks packed this weekend?

Last week wasn't too bad, but today was ridiculous.

Got to my gym a few minutes before 6:00 p.m. and there wasn't an empty parking space. Bagged it and instead ran a few miles outside.

I did a bunch of extra push-ups in my living room.

I use the gym in my apartment building, so its not exactly a warehouse. Still, its usually empty or has at most one other person when I go. Last night, a bunch of rotund ladies were hogging (pun!) up the machines, barely breaking a sweat while they concentrated all their attention on their phones.

Seems like if you're not going to bust your ass during your workout, what's the point? Just do some jumping jacks in your apartment and call it a day.

I use the gym in my apartment building, so its not exactly a warehouse. Still, its usually empty or has at most one other person when I go. Last night, a bunch of rotund ladies were hogging (pun!) up the machines, barely breaking a sweat while they concentrated all their attention on their phones.

Seems like if you're not going to bust your ass during your workout, what's the point? Just do some jumping jacks in your apartment and call it a day.

I'll admit to playing on my phone between sets. Usually reading the boards.

I'll admit to playing on my phone between sets. Usually reading the boards.

There's a difference between that and walking on a treadmill while you play WWF, with a line of people waiting for said treadmill.

i get pretty annoyed with people on their phones at the gym. if the gym is empty, i couldn't care less. but if you're sitting on a machine that other people want to use, waiting for your next set and just wasting time on your phone, i'm going to be pretty annoyed.

i get pretty annoyed with people on their phones at the gym. if the gym is empty, i couldn't care less. but if you're sitting on a machine that other people want to use, waiting for your next set and just wasting time on your phone, i'm going to be pretty annoyed.

I plan to do it extra long this month in hopes that it'll frustrate the Resolutioners, hastening their impending departure from Mid-Feb to Late-Jan.

new issue: everyone has become mesmerized by the TRX setups we have at the gym. there are 3 sets of straps set up, and about 1/2 of my weights circuit uses the straps. had to wait 20min for a group to finish playing on them.

as an aside, i love the TRX straps.

new issue: everyone has become mesmerized by the TRX setups we have at the gym. there are 3 sets of straps set up, and about 1/2 of my weights circuit uses the straps. had to wait 20min for a group to finish playing on them.

as an aside, i love the TRX straps.

TRX is great, but my gym has decided you can only use them if you are with a class.

you same fuckheads who bitch about how fat people are, are now bitching because fat people are in your way at the gym.

TRX is great, but my gym has decided you can only use them if you are with a class.

yeah, there is a class space specifically for TRX-ing, and there are like 6 set-ups in there, but access is restricted. the 3 i have access to are out on the floor.

you same fuckheads who bitch about how fat people are, are now bitching because fat people are in your way at the gym.

People that fat can lose weight walking up the stairs or parking at the back of the parking lot. They don't need to come to my gym and sweat all over everything to lose enough weight to get into normal people clothes.

i am 100% for people going to the gym, even if i have to wait for things.

what does bother me is people who just misuse or abuse equipment. this happens all year long, but is exacerbated by an influx of people who don't know etiquette, etc.

Be careful what you wish for. I'm not sure you want fatties in the apartment above yours doing jumping jacks.

i am 100% for people going to the gym, even if i have to wait for things.

what does bother me is people who just misuse or abuse equipment. this happens all year long, but is exacerbated by an influx of people who don't know etiquette, etc.

Eh, at my gym it isn't the noobs abusing equipment. There is one group of guys who I refer to as the frat douche-troop. These are the the kind of assholes who all crowd around a machine while one of them does his reps, and invariably they're always dropping weights from full extension. They're not the only ones who do this, but they're the most obnoxious about it.

Last edited:
Back