• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone good with photo enhancement? (Low quality home break-in pics)

Screamindemon3

Reaction score
Happened yesterday morning. Dude was a moron, never saw any of the 4 cameras on the house. Only stole a leaf blower and golf balls off the back porch before setting off the alarm on a window. These are the 3 best pictures I could get off of the camera software. License plate appears to start with a lower case "g" or "9" which doesn't make sense, and end with "BL" which I think is pretty clear.

The car is a gold honda civic, probably 2008 or 2009. There's one list for sale right now in the 336, but it has a cow coffee mug sitting in the back, which I don't see on this car, so probably not related.

00y0y_1SQHlXnTnBZ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
This is weird, I'm 99% sure that's BillBrasky from these boards

Probably should alert the authorities

Can't believe Brasky was dumb enough to park his car in the driveway

Is 336px × 224px the maximum size pic you can get out of the camera?

So App State Butthead of you to set up security cameras all over the perimeter of your house and leave all your shot lying all over the porch instead of buying a shed at Lowe's and a ten dollar lock.

Is 336px × 224px the maximum size pic you can get out of the camera?

It's the largest I can get from the "freeze frame" export option of the recording program. I could probably get a larger image by taking a screenshot of the current image being displayed with the video on pause

So App State Butthead of you to set up security cameras all over the perimeter of your house and leave all your shot lying all over the porch instead of buying a shed at Lowe's and a ten dollar lock.

Not my house, family members place.

#AppStateButthurt

I'm increasingly finding it curious that there are all of these security cameras set up but the resolution on them is so poor that they are basically worthless. The DC police routinely put out pics or videos of events or persons of interest, but they are never remotely clear enough to see anything. If you are going to have a camera then make sure it can actually do what it is intended. Your pics don't look all that bad (way better than the police here), but as you mention, they could definitely be more clear.

I've seen enough CSI to know that an expert could get that picture clear enough to count the dude's nosehairs and then put it into facial recognition software and run it against DMV records. You should be able to nab the perp soon enough.

I've seen enough CSI to know that an expert could get that picture clear enough to count the dude's nosehairs and then put it into facial recognition software and run it against DMV records. You should be able to nab the perp soon enough.

Agreed. Liam Neeson did it at a photo booth in an airport.

So did your family provide the pics to the police?

Yes. They have a recording of all 4 cameras.

I think he lives close by. He pulled in around 10:00am and went straight to the front door. Rang the doorbell 4-5 times over a 3 minute timespan. Walked around the back and loaded up a leaf blower and golf balls. He then left for exactly 5 minutes. When he came back he backed down the driveway and into the carport. That's when he tried to bust the back window and triggere the alarm.

To me, the leaving for 5 minutes then returning is the key part. If there's video evidence that the leaf blower or golf balls are missing from the back seat then he offloaded them close by. I don't have the pictures from the first time he pulled in so I'll try to post those when I get them.

Back