• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anyone have an aquarium at home?

I have African dwarf frogs and haven't had any trouble with them trying to escape. They are really cute and they always get so animated when they see me. And they do that funny floating thing. They have much more of a personality than fish.

Do you ever hear them growling? I had a pair for 5 years or so and at night you could hear growling.

Oh wait. I had African clawed frogs, not dwarf. They were named Milli and Vanilli.

I'd been writing this really long, descriptive post but now realize you meant non-human.

I have African dwarf frogs and haven't had any trouble with them trying to escape. They are really cute and they always get so animated when they see me. And they do that funny floating thing. They have much more of a personality than fish.

They are cool while they last. We had two and both mysteriously disappeared (there is nothing in my tank that would eat a frog). I figure they both hopped out and are quietly decomposing behind the tank where I can't see them. Not spending more money on them.

Whoa, that's cool. Maybe he needs some friends (other ghost catfish)? I read that certain catfish like to be in groups of 3 and will be really active then, but if they are the lone guy they are very shy and still and hide a lot.

Obviously I know nothing though.

maybe so. i always figured those types of claims were just ways to sell more fish but perhaps I am overly cynical.

we will add some guppies soon so that should liven things up. i may buy another catfish to give the first some company and keep the bottom cleaner.

If you want things active, put 5 male betas in there.

I had 6 piranhas in a 75 gallon tank once. It was pretty cool, except I felt bad feeding them live fish.

Back