• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Apache helicopters vs Taliban Platoon.

Allahu Akbar Holdings, LLC is pleased to report that it has immediate openings in the fast-paced career field of Taliban henchman. Must be proficient in running aimlessly whilst awaiting obliteration. Heat signature discouraged. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes and their hope of turning 30 to your local Sheik.

Kind of disturbing how much the FLIR desensitizes it.

Let me propose kind of cool how the FLIR makes it easy to distinguish the bad guys and take them out with precision. Also outstanding how calm and cool the guys on the comm's are with the continual updates. "Do you have my sparkles?"

Allahu Akbar Holdings, LLC is pleased to report that it has immediate openings in the fast-paced career field of Taliban henchman. Must be proficient in running aimlessly whilst awaiting obliteration. Heat signature discouraged. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes and their hope of turning 30 to your local Sheik.

Now that is some funny shit...and 30 is a career objective not often realized.

Last edited:
What do you even do if you're a Taliban soldier in that situation? Are you just fucked? I guess I'd grab onto the underside of a horse and hope for the best.

27169%20twopersonhorse.jpg

Maybe you get a buddy and go from place to place in one of these.

What do you even do if you're a Taliban soldier in that situation? Are you just fucked? I guess I'd grab onto the underside of a horse and hope for the best.

Well, you kneel down and ask Allah, "Why the fuck did I ever buy into this hating the infidel, I am getting 72 virgins, gotta suicide bomb innocent people, must stone my women cause they looked the wrong way, ideology" just before the Hellfire sends your ass to the hell you deserve.

Well, you kneel down and ask Allah, "Why the fuck did I ever buy into this hating the infidel, I am getting 72 virgins, gotta suicide bomb innocent people, must stone my women cause they looked the wrong way, ideology" just before the Hellfire sends your ass to the hell you deserve.

Definitely either that or the horse suit.

Those poor Taliban. Born into abject poverty, duped and coerced into believing they're doing what's right, committing all kinds of atrocities as a result, and ending up slaughtered before their 30th birthday in some God-forsaken mountains by horrible machines that could destroy whole towns. Our pilots were definitely justified in killing them, as it's kill or be killed, but the only feeling I get watching stuff like this is sick to my stomach.

How can they tell friendly from foe?

Usually conventional guys will mark with IR markers, establishing a front line trace, confirmed via radio and terrain features. It looks like the SOF were. Held up on the high ground letting the CAS take care of tHe baddies.

FYI, the apache 30mm has 3 settings... 3rd burst, 9 rd burst, and all. I've got an Apache pilot that sits by me in my current class. He's got some pretty cool back story that goes with this clip...

Usually conventional guys will mark with IR markers, establishing a front line trace, confirmed via radio and terrain features. It looks like the SOF were. Held up on the high ground letting the CAS take care of tHe baddies.

FYI, the apache 30mm has 3 settings... 3rd burst, 9 rd burst, and all. I've got an Apache pilot that sits by me in my current class. He's got some pretty cool back story that goes with this clip...

Sure seems like they ran out of "rounds" fast and had to switch to missiles.

Those poor Taliban. Born into abject poverty, duped and coerced into believing they're doing what's right, committing all kinds of atrocities as a result, and ending up slaughtered before their 30th birthday in some God-forsaken mountains by horrible machines that could destroy whole towns. Our pilots were definitely justified in killing them, as it's kill or be killed, but the only feeling I get watching stuff like this is sick to my stomach.

We go in opposite directions here. I poured a Makers 46 with 2 rocks and watched this several times hooting and hollering as they got their sorry asses shot to shit. 'Cause I know they would be doing a whole helluva lot worse to people if given half the chance. Hope the entire lot of them burns in Hell.

Sure seems like they ran out of "rounds" fast and had to switch to missiles.

It can carry up to 1200 of the 30mm, but the ammo stowage area can also be used for more fuel or other configurations. Usually, they go out with about 300 rounds. In Afghanistan, especially in the mountains, weight is an issue, so it could have been empty. It's not every day you come across 2 platoons of Taliban. Apache's, as much as they hate to hear this, are more of a visual deterrence. Once a unit calls a TIC (troops in contact), they'll bust ass to get there, but as soon as the bad guys hear them, they'll usually split. They just didn't have anywhere to go in this case...

Back