• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State Series Renewed

Western NC/eastern Tennessee has some good h.s. football talent, so there is the potential for some extra exposure.

I think (hope) you're being sarcastic with that one. Only 8 out of the top 100 players from NC last year are from what one would consider "Western NC"

While a 2-1 would obviously have been better, I was really hoping we would play up there soon. It's great to have some road games fans will want/be able to attend, and Boone is a great weekend trip.

No like....more to lose than gain. Who else is on the OOC slate these 2 years ?

I think (hope) you're being sarcastic with that one. Only 8 out of the top 100 players from NC last year are from what one would consider "Western NC"

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. Lots of high school talent between Raleigh and Knoxville, and Boone is pretty much in the middle.

Yep. Better then playing Army or Navy for the eleventh billionth time.

Respectfully but sorry....comparing App State with playing either Army or Navy - home, away or anywhere - is just crazy IMO. You and I are on different planets of opinion on this.

Last edited:
Vomit.gif

Nope, not being sarcastic at all. Lots of high school talent between Raleigh and Knoxville, and Boone is pretty much in the middle.

None of that talent -- except for a very small pocket around western NC -- is going to be aware of this game

I don't get all the whining on here, fun local rivalry, better than some random shitty school that isn't local

Lots of fucking whiners on this thread. We have to play some shitty schools to have the possibility of making a bowl. We don't pay enough to handle 2 for 1s. If that means we have to ride up the mountain, so be it. Whoop some ass, some some weed, get laid, come back down to Winston.

Utah State and Northern Illinois in the last decade signed 2 for 1s with us.

If we're including Raleigh-West then you're spot on. I guess what I meant to say that there's not a whole lot once you pass Davie County.

Back