• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

App State's New Logo

My first thought:

2oxr6avai7d9ukytbsmj.gif

I like the Retro one better as well but the block A is by far the best.

Oh for sure, but between the two Mountaineers it is def the retro yosef.

Perhaps but I guarantee if Moore were the coach we would not have had a losing record let alone the abortion we put out there this year.
Hm. Maybe if he didn't make the same personnel decisions, but I don't know if this is true if he plays the same personnel (i.e. redshirting and playing younger guys to get experience for the move up).

Universally, the retro yosef is loved way way more than the morphing mountaineer. The AD that oversaw that logo and the mascot that accompanied it was a moron. Morphing mountaineer logo and gorton's fisherman mascot. Those were sad days. I can still remember being at Auburn when we unveiled that thing for the first time and feeling so humiliated. This is a great decision. So many people were using this logo to put on merchandise a couple years ago that the school had to go out and relicense because they were losing so much revenue.

Satterfield had to play with what he had. The cupboard was bare, for the most part, and some of what was there wasn't worthy of being an ASU student, much less an athlete. As soon as I can, I will be happy to supply you with the statistics that were shared with a group of athletic boosters in the last few weeks: numbers recruited, number of players, number who stayed, etc. ABYSMAL numbers all due to Jerry Moore only being a coach for 3 months out of the year. For the first time, this past fall, each coach was assigned players to monitor for academics. Mandatory weekly meetings, checking in at each and every class to see that the player was in a seat in the room. You know, some of the BASICS of being in college, things that Moore NEVER did (nor any of his assistants). . The vast majority of ASU fans know a change was needed, and they are backing Satterfield all the way.

Good change. The old logo looks like Davy Jones from PITC.

Satterfield had to play with what he had. The cupboard was bare, for the most part, and some of what was there wasn't worthy of being an ASU student, much less an athlete. As soon as I can, I will be happy to supply you with the statistics that were shared with a group of athletic boosters in the last few weeks: numbers recruited, number of players, number who stayed, etc. ABYSMAL numbers all due to Jerry Moore only being a coach for 3 months out of the year. For the first time, this past fall, each coach was assigned players to monitor for academics. Mandatory weekly meetings, checking in at each and every class to see that the player was in a seat in the room. You know, some of the BASICS of being in college, things that Moore NEVER did (nor any of his assistants). . The vast majority of ASU fans know a change was needed, and they are backing Satterfield all the way.

Hahahaha., now that is rich. The failures of this year were...wait for it...Jerry Moore's fault. Also, how did all that supervision work out? We had one of the most embarrassing off field incidents of all time and had to expel our best pro prospect in a decade. I feel bad for people who have to shill

Did Price's mentor check on him in his jail cell? What about all of the freshman, did they check in on them at Char?

If it's the same one that pushed out Jerry Moore for Scott Satterfield then use your imagination

:deacmom rant on how Jerry Morre is making the AD look bad:

Who is this Deac Mom you are talking about? It certainly isn't me! Yes, I was an ASU cheerleader in the late 70's and the "new" logo is actually the OLD logo. That was the ASU logo back when I went there.

Retro one is kinda cool. It's the Deacon's hillbilly nephew.

Yeah, I like the old Deacon and the old Yosef.

<----- Still my favorite Deac, prolly cause it was the one they were using when I first started following them. That sed, I'd be interested in how we could update the character, but a little unsure about how they would pull that off, given the naming of the bell and the road in front of the stadium.

Back