• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Archie Miller

Has some "Wojo" in him, eh?......:D

Fast forward ten years and Coach Miller of WFU vs. Coach Wojo of Duke could be a big annual rivalry. Two short squatty former ACC PG's. Just need to bring Lebo into the Dean Dome.

Just because Wellman has not been told to go big does not doom us. His reputation is seriously on the line. He and his ego knows he needs to hit a HR with this hire after the beating his image took with [Redacted]

I hope you are right. But watching that unnecessary and over the top press conference sent a chill up my spine. It sounds like Wellman is still trying to put his "spin" on the last four years. And with his ego, it would not surprise me if he makes his coaching selection with that in mind.

If our coaching selection does not demonstrate a renewed commitment winning, do not expect to see a major increase in attendance at the Joel next year. Fans, alumni, and potential recruits will take a wait and see attitude. In other words, Wake Will... won't.

Just because Wellman has not been told to go big does not doom us. His reputation is seriously on the line. He and his ego knows he needs to hit a HR with this hire after the beating his image took with [Redacted]
I have a really bad feeling that Wellman will think Amaker is a home run.

Fast forward ten years and Coach Miller of WFU vs. Coach Wojo of Duke could be a big annual rivalry. Two short squatty former ACC PG's. Just need to bring Lebo into the Dean Dome.

Classic.......:thumbsup:...too bad we don't have our own short, squatty guy.....

He really has.

Everyone pulling for Archie, that's fine, I dig it, I'm not opposed to it, but you must have not been of age when he played at NC State. God, that was an annoying little fucker. One of my least favorite players of all time.

I remember leading the "1, 2, 3, 4, get the midget off the floor" chant towards that little bastard.

I almost became physically aroused when Archie used his use it or lose it timeout at 0:53 left in the first half and subsequently drew up for a perfect 2 for 1.

I almost became physically aroused when Archie used his use it or lose it timeout at 0:53 left in the first half and subsequently drew up for a perfect 2 for 1.

shit, I didn't see this but I've been yelling for this shit from Buzz for 4 fucking years.

We won't hire Archie and he will end up at state after they fuck up 1 or 2 more hires and we will all hate him like we did when he played. Four years ago he probably would have been a decent hire (cheap and we needed to save the dough for Dino's buyout) but this time around things are different. The power five conferences have a distinct money advantage (big east is still fine). We don't need a diamond in the rough and we don't need a value play. If we wiff on shaka then Howland has to be the play. There is no way you take a couple of wins in the ncaa in a wild ass year over howlands body of work

And for those that think Howland won't be around long enough? The separation of the big conferences is only going to accelerate. If Howland makes us a winner for 5 or 8 years the deck will be stacked In our favor to figure out how to play that hand when we need to.

There are plenty of other threads to reminisce about Ben Howland's glory days but please keep discussion in this thread to head coaches that have reached the Sweet 16 in the last six years.

e7y5ytym.jpg

Get out of here with this LOWF mentality. We're getting Mr. Smart.

It's not a LOWF mentality. Little ol' Illinois couldn't get him, either, not could several other schools, even with significant dinero. He likes VCU and Richmond. His wife likes VCU and Richmond. He, like Mark Few, is at his comfort level. He isn't coming. But, I'd still ask, just to be sure.

Back