• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart ineligible to play for USC

Wake Forest head coach Jeff [Redacted] told the Star News Online of Stewart’s struggles in the classroom:

Our players are going to be held accountable for doing the right thing. That means going to class and doing what’s expected. That’s all part of being a player. He’s got some academic work he needs to address.

STFU, dick

Too bad for Ari. I'm sure the culture clubbers will be talking about that down in Atlantis while JT is dropping 50 on us.

Hard to believe that Ari and CJ were part of the same class. They couldn't be any more different players and persons.

Well, that sucks. But who didn't see this coming? Sort of a fitting end to a sad college career.

blake-griffin-surprised.gif

Hard to believe that Ari and CJ were part of the same class. They couldn't be any more different players and persons.

Not only that, but they were best friends.

Ari was a good kid, but he was not very bright and struggled academically. Bz's first year, Ari tried to change his game to the way Bz wanted to play, which was very different from his skillset and the role he was recruited to play. Ari did not have even decent handles for this level, but was a good spot shooter. Bz wanted a perimeter movement offense that Ari just couldnt play well. Also, he had trouble learning the new offensive plays. The first year under Bz, he accepted the challenge to hit the boards because we were so weak in that area. The first half of the season, he did a credible job of it. The problem was, before Bz ever met him, he decided that Ari was a selfish player because he did not have many assists. He rode Ari hard, and by mid-season, Ari had checked out on him.

Whose fault was it at USC?

Ari's.

I love the blame game. It was Ari's fault here and it was Ari's fault at USC.

I don't like Bzz, But he can't be blamed entirely... Ari checked out on his team and his best friend because Bz ball didn't suit him? His team desperately needed him to do his job and take care of business in the classroom, and he didn't.

CJ wasn't a big Bz fan, but he committed to play hoops for WFU, and he gave 100% every time he stepped on the court. He played on the same team and had the same shitty season as Ari.

From a coaching/player standpoint- if a coach has a pre-conceived notion about a player, whether its right or wrong, does that player not set out to prove them wrong? Don't coaches usually ride the players who are wasting their talent the most?

All of what BabyDeac said is true, and I don't fault Ari for transferring- but he could have played hard and finished the season for Wake.

The way he played the last few games here said a lot about who he is and I am not the least bit surprised that he has failed at USC.

Tough break for Ari. Hope he gets his degree. If academics were an issue, USC probably wasn't the best destination. Not a slouch school.

Dude has a 4 or 5 year old kid too. Some people just won't grow up until they have to work for a living.

PH, for some reason I just don't think that you will ever get it.....why many WF alumni became so disgusted with what was going on under Dino. And you're supposed to be an educator. Evidently, the younger WF grads and/or current students just want to win games and don't give a damn about anything else (and, evidently, you're one of them)....but there were many Wake alumni who got tired of reading about yet another WF basketball player in trouble every time they picked up a newspaper. How many were there? Off hand, I can think of seven without even trying.

Plus 1

This is probably as good a place to ask as anywhere: Did JTT really get arrested 5 times as DemanDeac claimed on the other board?

This is probably as good a place to ask as anywhere: Did JTT really get arrested 5 times as DemanDeac claimed on the other board?

He was arrested several times but I'm not sure it was as many as five.

I have said it before- the best thing that happened to JTT was getting the hell out of NC. Wake Forest was just too close to home.

PH, for some reason I just don't think that you will ever get it.....why many WF alumni became so disgusted with what was going on under Dino. And you're supposed to be an educator. Evidently, the younger WF grads and/or current students just want to win games and don't give a damn about anything else (and, evidently, you're one of them)....but there were many Wake alumni who got tired of reading about yet another WF basketball player in trouble every time they picked up a newspaper. How many were there? Off hand, I can think of seven without even trying.

Why do you keep on with this argument? Wake's reputation was fine when Dino left. Even BJGate was kept under wraps and was nothing more than a rogue band rumor.

Even if a bunch of bad things happened under Dino, did they all happen in the six months between Dino's extension and firing? Your argument makes no sense. You've bought a line of bull from Wellman doesn't stack up with the simple timeline of events.

Back