• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ari Stewart ineligible to play for USC

http://news.google.ca/newspapers?id=t8ERAAAAIBAJ&sjid=tukDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6870,79496&dq=carl-tacy&hl=en

I thought bkf would be pissed how a former coach was treated by his AD. Sure he wasn't a fan of the No Tolerance policy put on Knight and we know what happened when he thought Hooks treated Tacy poorly. So was Tacy forced to resign because he was recruiting players like Kenny Green and Mike Helms, and Hooks was having nothing of that #culture? Article above implies Tacy's resignation took Wake by surprise.

Why did he never get back into coaching? He was only 52.

Tacy was never that interested in recruiting.

There were alot of stories about Wake being in good shape for big time players in the mid 80s and Tacy just letting his assistants recruit and not putting in the effort to close the deal and getting outworked by younger coaches.

I think he realized that this wasn't going to change, so he opened a yogurt shop.

Last edited:
Don't know exactly. I spoke with him a few times after he resigned. My feeling was that he was just burned out from everything he was trying to accomplish at Wake against overwhelming odds (facilities, budget, lack of TV exposure, etc) and with so little appreciation from so many people inside the WF "family". I would think that his WF experience left a permanent bad taste in his mouth. I know that it did in mine. I basically stopped pulling for WF basketball the day he resigned.....after 28 years of rabid support.

So he was a butthurt quitter. Cool.

So now more money needs to be spend on frivolous things and not to help the needy? I can't keep up...

Why do you keep commenting on this? You don't know shit about any of it. You weren't even born when it happened.

That isn't accurate. Which is par for the course with you on this thread. (and in general, I might add... You old clown.)

Back