• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arkansas Senate Passes Bill Banning Non-Traditional Tattoos and Body Modifications

i'm thinking conservatives have been really hypocritical in this area regarding B2G. when halliburton was given no bid contracts and then charged the govt an arm and a leg, overpromised and underdelivered, and lined the gop pockets and coffers, the stories were hushed down. same with the paramilitary stuff like blackwater. in those areas, government gets carte blanche and no accountability for the way they interface with industry.

but if it's contract work like this, or municipal work for city contracts and zoning problems with HUD, it's all the sudden back to the battle cry of GOVT IS BAD BUSINESS IS GOOD.

Another way of looking at it is to admit that certain elements of the military are scary good (SEALs, F-22s, drones) - then realize that the reason they are so good is that they receive essentially unlimited carte blanche funding. If we funded the schools like we fund SEAL Team Six we'd have some badass teachers and test scores, too. If we threw money at solving poverty like we threw it at the F-22 (original estimated cost per plane, $149 million, actual cost per plane, $412 million and climbing) we'd solve it like a BOSS. Sure, shit tons of money would be wasted along the way - but applying the typical military procurement attitude, WGAS? We got the result we wanted - total superiority over test scores, biatch! 'Murica.

This is perhaps the best 923 post in a long line of great 923 posts.

2&2 truly has Obama Derangement Syndrome.

In 15 or 20 years, he will be the prime audience for right wing chain emails.

Hopefully, in 15 or 20 years, the country will have come to its senses and appointed me Grand Poobah for a 2-year period. I would have the majority of our problems completely solved by then and can then just drop the mic and leave it running to its own success.

Hopefully, in 15 or 20 years, the country will have come to its senses and appointed me Grand Poobah for a 2-year period. I would have the majority of our problems completely solved by then and can then just drop the mic and leave it running to its own success.

Post-Apocalyptic+Cityscape.jpg

Back