• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Armstrong to Admit Doping on Oprah

Every time I see this thread title I imagine Lance taking lines of blow of Oprah's ass. I wish we would stop bumping to top.

Apparently, someone reminded Rick Reilly that he's allowed to write columns that aren't awful every now and then. This one on Lance is one of his best in a decade:
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8852974/lance-armstrong-history-lying

Inversely this article is, in my eyes at least, what makes Rick Riley, Rick Riley.

The quintessential sellout in a world of sellouts.

This line got me: "Look, I've been fooled before. I believed Mark McGwire was hitting those home runs all on his own natural gifts."

Follow the money, folks.

Have they found anybody who wasn't doping to take his tours?

pumped to see this at 9

Get Oprah to interview Bzzz. She isn't afraid to ask some real questions!

I told you fools Oprah is the shit!

All kidding aside, tonight is why I am not afraid to admit I like Oprah. She is a VERY good interviewer. She actually listens and responds to what her subject is saying. 95% of the people who interview for a living have no idea what they are doing. They have a list of questions and when the person is answering they are more worried about asking their next question instead of listening. Oddly enough it is also what make Howard Stern a great interviewer.

If I heard it correctly, he seemed to contradict himself at least once.

He said he didn't get caught because he essentially didn't dope during the tour. At the same time, when asked about Hamilton saying they pulled over during the tour and doped in a hotel and while there were fans out side, he didn't remember the exact tour stage but couldn't deny it.

Definitely something missing here. If it was so easy to not get caught by the tests, why have so many gotten caught by the testing. Just stupid?

Also, he denied the 2001 Tour de Suisse positive, then denied that his "donation" was a kickback to the UCI for making it go away, saying something like "it was not a payoff, the only thing it would have been for was the Tour de Suisse thing." The thing he had just finished denying ever happened! I guess 1) it's hard to stop lying after doing it for so long, and 2) it's hard to own up to the full breadth, so he admits to the meat of it but tries to salvage a little bit on the margins.

He's got a long way to go to redemption. Good luck to him, I suppose. What a narcissistic asshole.

"I'm glad you're dead!"

he regrets coming back because he ultimately thinks that's what did him in to get him found out.

lame.

the interview is confirming my belief that he's not sorry he doped; he's sorry he was caught.

And he said the whole 'blood bio markers' made doping more difficult to dope. The USADA said his bio markers in 2009/10 indicated doping but he insists he was clean.

Now with a career history of doping, why would he come back and not dope? If he thought the only way he could win was to dope, why wouldn't he continue? He retired for 3 years and comes back and finishes 3rd. The last year was not indicative since he spent a considerable amount of time on the pavement, so who knows what he could have done in the 2nd year.

Cycling is actually very healthy right now. The formation of the ProTour, stricter regulations and boom of likable young stars has dramatically helped the sport as a whole. Overall budgets are up nearly 40% since 2009 ... the sport is booming.

How do you think the young American guy, Tejay, is going to do in the future?

Back