• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army @ Wake Forest - 7:30 PM RSN/Bally

One of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen. They had the game won... Chip shot field goal with time expiring, oh wait no, let's go loft it up for the far side end zone into double coverage.. unbelievable.

Agreed. Horrible. But To be fair, they've had some kicking issues. But bro. That is a run the ball into the middle of the field play and get a field goal shot. If he misses. Then he misses. But airing it out into double coverage. Yeah. Not the play.

Agreed. Horrible. But To be fair, they've had some kicking issues. But bro. That is a run the ball into the middle of the field play and get a field goal shot. If he misses. Then he misses. But airing it out into double coverage. Yeah. Not the play.
Yeah were they saying they didn’t trust the kicker on that one after throwing him out there for the 50, then 55-yd attempt last week? That kid must have hella insecurity issues.

He also went to the Army players who had the targeting and unsportsmanlike penalties and shook their hands after the play

He also went to the Army players who had the targeting and unsportsmanlike penalties and shook their hands after the play
Interested to hear what the replay on the possible targeting call showed on t v. that we didn't see from the stadium. The stadium replay(which they had problems pulling up on a handful of occasions) seemed to show he led with his shoulder, and at least where I was sitting the consensus around us was no targeting. And when the official waved it off there was not much negative reaction from the crowd. Did the commentators think it was targeting?

Interested to hear what the replay on the possible targeting call showed on t v. that we didn't see from the stadium. The stadium replay(which they had problems pulling up on a handful of occasions) seemed to show he led with his shoulder, and at least where I was sitting the consensus around us was no targeting. And when the official waved it off there was not much negative reaction from the crowd. Did the commentators think it was targeting?
Yes, they said it definitely was. It happened fast but the replay in slow motion showed the crown of his helmet hitting Hartman right in the side of his head.

From someone more in the know than I, I did find it weird that we went like 5-6 RBS deep last night and Carney didn’t get any time. I was under the impression that he was going to be fairly good.

From someone more in the know than I, I did find it weird that we went like 5-6 RBS deep last night and Carney didn’t get any time. I was under the impression that he was going to be fairly good.
Think Claiborne is the only true fresh that will see playing time. When would they have played Carney? I think Towns and Claiborne each got only one drive, and they don’t typically switch RBs mid drive.

Think Claiborne is the only true fresh that will see playing time. When would they have played Carney? I think Towns and Claiborne each got only one drive, and they don’t typically switch RBs mid drive.
Felt like Towns got 2 but you may be right. Thought it was odd overall that we didn’t start subbing a little earlier but was just curious.

Yes, they said it definitely was. It happened fast but the replay in slow motion showed the crown of his helmet hitting Hartman right in the side of his head.

It looked like clear targeting on the replay. I'm not sure how they overturned that. Crown of helmet to the head of Sam.

I was a little surprised that we didn't take the starters out earlier. Really pumped for Grimes on his first college TD, he's going to be a player. Carney is pretty far down the depth chart. I'm assuming this is a red shirt year and we might see him in a couple seasons. The RB room is pretty full of young talent with Ellison, Cooley and now Claiborne.

Yes the announcers were surprised and thought it was textbook targeting. The only way I see that it couldn't have been targeting was because the defender launched himself so early head first at a reckless angle that Sam saw him and shielded by getting his shoulder up and head turned away. It felt like a relatively intentional launch too, Sam was engaged already with a guy who had his legs wrapped up and the defender just took the opportunity to tee off head down.

Carney needs to bulk up before he is going to get PT. His redshirt year will be well used.

I gotta say, your ability to find something "not right" in a 45-10 win is impressive.

Carney needs to bulk up before he is going to get PT. His redshirt year will be well used.

This. Know the family and know Tate. Honestly was surprised he was offered at the P5 level given his size. He needs time putting on some pounds and strength.

This. Know the family and know Tate. Honestly was surprised he was offered at the P5 level given his size. He needs time putting on some pounds and strength.

I wasn't surprised. You can't teach what he has. Just needs another year to mature.

Arguably, all freshman need to hit the weight room but Carney weighs more than Claiborne and Turner (according to the website) and is pretty much in the same weight category as Towns, Cooley, and Ellison.

Arguably, all freshman need to hit the weight room but Carney weighs more than Claiborne and Turner (according to the website) and is pretty much in the same weight category as Towns, Cooley, and Ellison.
Some guys need more strength and weight to effectively run their style at the P5 level. It appears Tate Carney is one of them.

I’m sure people were scrambling to leave and avoid traffic plus it’s the fair but a little disappointing to see how many people have left before the end of the game.
I’m not convinced the regional spectator nor parents really care much for Army as an opponent in football.

Back