• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arnie and Jack?

I think they are "friendly" and honestly so. I don't think that they are "close friends".

But the same could be said of numerous rivals from the past. If I am correct, it is not a fault on their part. These guys are very different and came from different backgrounds and played the game differently: as in swing your own swing vs. classic, almost text book swing.

Then again perhaps they have become genuinely close in recent years. Suffice to say that would be a development, because it has not always been that way.

Jack's wife Barbara and Arnold's late wife Winnie were very close friends.

Jack loves to fish , while Arnie would rather play golf. But according to interviews on the Golf Channel( including Faherty), they socialize and talk quite often. Considering that they were competitors on the course and now compete in golf course architecture , they seem to get along very well. There is no question that both were gentlemen and showed great class in defeat. Tom Watson was similar in that regard . Some current players don't exhibit such sportsmanship - one in particular .

Back