• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Article from the Official Site on Deacs in the NFL

Joe Looney went low on Kevin Williams for absolutely no reason. Could have been very ugly.

Last edited:
Joe Looney went low on Kevin Williams for absolutely no reason. Could have been very ugly.

Saw that last night. Joe should be suspended and heavily fined. That block was dirtier than any hit I've seen from James Harrison the last couple of years.

kevinwilliams.jpg

The NFL is getting ridiculous about all of the high hits. There were 3 in the Ravens/Panthers game I went to the other night (2 by the Ravens and 1 by Carolina) that were flagged as personal fouls, and none of those 3 should have been called. Anytime now in the league when you jack someone up, even if you're just hitting them in the numbers and not the head, you're gonna get called. Yet nothing is called on Looney, and he probably won't be fined or suspended. Hitting a knee like that is potentially WAY more harmful to a career than a high hit is. The unfortunate reality is the league doesn't care about people getting hit low unless his name is Tom Brady. And if you hit him low, you get a rule change.

When NFL gets sued by its retirees about knee issues, then they'll care about low career-ending hits - but not until then.

Has anybody watched the daily football show on the new Fox Sports 1 network yet? It is Curt Menefee, Urlacher, Randy Moss, Brendan Ayanbedejo, and Jay Glazer. Urlacher is a moron. Moss is hilarious, he is like the NFL version of Jalen Rose.

ETA: all of them thought Looney's hit was a cheap shot and that he should be fined for it, but agreed he won't be.

That's a no brainer fine.

I certainly don't agree, but another opinion on the hit...

I've watched the replay several times. My initial reaction was that Looney's block was unnecessary because James appeared trapped in the backfield. The block appeared dirty in spirit because Williams could not see Looney approaching. However, James was initially trying to escape toward Looney's side when Looney started to get into blocking position. Williams was running toward Looney as if to cut off James. Looney was already committed to the block by the time James reversed course to make Williams less relevant to the play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/81756/another-look-at-joe-looneys-low-block

"I didn't try to take a dirty cheap shot at him," Looney said, per CSN Bay Area. "I was just trying to finish my block. I meant no harm by the block at all

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...oney-kevin-williams-hit-wasnt-meant-to-injure

Kudos to Josh Bush for making the Jets roster again in year #2.

Back