• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I ate there a few weeks ago (Neng Jr) and was unimpressed.
That's not to say the food was bad, it was good and I enjoyed it, but not remarkably good and pound for pound I'd say it's the most expensive place in Asheville.
The wine was atrocious (they only had two options for red, one was terrible and one was just not good, both were $18-$20 pours of 3-4oz at most, so half glasses) and the beer options were weak as well (personally these are big issues for me)
they had a bunch of cocktails that seemed fancy, but I'm not a big cocktail drinker so I didn't order them, but my wife enjoyed hers
My wife and I had 2 drinks each and didn't over order (it kind of has a small plate/sharing type menu so you get several things) and the bill was like $300
I'd go back if I was invited by others, but definitely won't on my own volition
interesting, wild it's that pricey (kind of makes sense for supply/seats vs demand right now), but tbh I would NOT expect them to have a good wine-list though given the cuisine and nature of the resto 😂

they should fix the beer issue though, since we're in AVL

I would probably stay away from Benne on Eagle right now, they just can't get their kitchen/chef sorted out and stable since the hotel has taken over ops there.. food probably all over the place

Everything else on the list is fine though. Love the idea of a bunch of tourists going to Beaty Academy 😂

Back