• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asking Her Dad's Permission

By going to speak to dad/mom, you are seeking approval. Otherwise, why bother. You may indend to do what you want regardless of the parent response, but you are seeking approval. I say approval rather than blessing for those who are not down with religion. That is to say, some would not want a "blessing" regardless (in the religious sense, thus seeking "approval"). Hope that answers the What?

I think he meant that you said "blessing" was "secular," but secular doesn't mean related to religion.

[h=3]sec·u·lar/ˈsekyələr/[/h]
Adjective:
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis: "secular buildings".

I think he meant that you said "blessing" was "secular," but secular doesn't mean related to religion.

[h=3]sec·u·lar/ˈsekyələr/[/h]
Adjective:
Denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis: "secular buildings".

You cant fix stupid.

my soon-to-be FIL's response: "I think that's something you'll need to ask her."

Skipped the thread, but there's only one real requirement: if at all possible do it in person.

Due to a last minute scheduling change, I had to ask for my wife's hand at an airport Bertucci's. I got off a plane, met my future in-laws, had an extremely uncomfortable salad, asked for her hand, was given permission awkwardly, and was back on a plane ninety minutes later. But her old man was apparently impressed that I made such efforts to get there.

Back