• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATL hotel suggestions

quadrupledeac

Reaction score
The wife and I will be at Emory for a weekend conference later this month. We are in need of adequate lodging for ourselves, our three kids, and our nanny for the weekend. The hotels suggested by the conference (Courtyard by Marriot/Duluth, Emory Inn) are not sufficient due to small rooms/ no suites/don't have enough going on around it/ are generally shitty looking.

Before I book some rooms at the Ritz in Buckhead, I thought I'd get some solid advice from the ATL deacs on this board on other possibilities. We will be driving to and from the Emory campus every morning and evening (Saturday and Sunday only), so proximity is somewhat important, but overall comfort and options for my kids while we are at the conference are probably more important. Budget is not as important, although I'd prefer to pay less than the Ritz if I'm not staying at the Ritz. What say you pitheads?

The wife and I will be at Emory for a weekend conference later this month. We are in need of adequate lodging for ourselves, our three kids, and our nanny for the weekend. The hotels suggested by the conference (Courtyard by Marriot/Duluth, Emory Inn) are not sufficient due to small rooms/ no suites/don't have enough going on around it/ are generally shitty looking.

Before I book some rooms at the Ritz in Buckhead, I thought I'd get some solid advice from the ATL deacs on this board on other possibilities. We will be driving to and from the Emory campus every morning and evening (Saturday and Sunday only), so proximity is somewhat important, but overall comfort and options for my kids while we are at the conference are probably more important. Budget is not as important, although I'd prefer to pay less than the Ritz if I'm not staying at the Ritz. What say you pitheads?

Well, duh.

zzzzz (and/or whoever made the subtle brag tag)...A nanny is cheaper than 3 in daycare. Get back to the topic, where should we stay?

Last edited:
How hot is the Nanny? She could stay at my place.

If your nanny is hot, you can stay with me. I kid, I kid. Four Seasons? Emory area sucks.

ETA: Damn you Go, always a step ahead.

Four Seasons if you can afford it, seriously. Their breakfast is scrumptious

This used to be the W hotel. They rebranded it within the past couple of months. It is still owned by Marriott:

http://www.atlantaperimeterhotelandsuites.com/

It's nice and it's across the street from Perimeter Mall for the kids/nanny to have something to do. Right on 285/400 for your commute to Emory - will probably be a 30 minute drive, although it will probably be 30 minutes from Buckhead as well.

Love the ritz Carlton buckhead. Downtown not so much.

Evergreen Lodge at Stone Mountain. It's an easy shot down 78 to Emory, and there's lots to see and do there, and it has indoor pool/hot tub. Take your clubs, they have 2 great courses too.

I think the Four Seasons in Midtown is a better hotel than the Ritz in Buckhead, and I generally think Midtown is a preferable area to Buckhead. There are plenty of other good options in Midtown, but the Four Seasons is the only one that is really in the same category as the Ritz. How old are your kids? What kind of things would you be looking for them to do while you are at the conference?

Stone Mountain mentioned above may not be a bad thought, although you will have a longer drive (weekend traffic should not be prohibitive). Kids would have something to do. But, once they have done the Mountain, it is in the middle of howhere. Go for a suite at the four seasons. I mean, with four Wake degrees you can swing it.

Emory is very close to the Fernbank Science Center, which is a great option for the kids.

Stone Mountain is a great way to get the kids interested in their Confederate leaders.

Comfort Inn North near the ATL airport. If you're lucky you can catch the La Fiesta Karaoke night on Fridays.... grab a margarita bucket or two. Best margs in ATL according to our Delta customer service representative; I can't disagree.

Comfort Inn North near the ATL airport. If you're lucky you can catch the La Fiesta Karaoke night on Fridays.... grab a margarita bucket or two. Best margs in ATL according to our Delta customer service representative; I can't disagree.

I have the margarita bucket in question. I can confirm that it is made from the highest quality plastic.

I stayed at the InterContinental in Buckhead and it was outstanding as well. You really can't go wrong with many of the options listed.

I go with my daughter to GT's softball camp every summer and we always stay GT Hotel and Conference Center in Midtown. You can walk SAFELY to GT and there are several restaraunts nearby. Trip advisor has it # 6 in ATL.

http://www.gatechhotel.com/

And you can walk next door to The Colonnade for some fried chicken w/ the gays and old folks.

Unfortunately theres not much quality lodging around Emory so you're going to have to drive from anywhere you stay. The Four Seasons is by far my favorite hotel in Atlanta. I would definitely pick Midtown or Buckhead over Downtown just for convenience, but you're still going to have a commute in Atlanta. Ritz Carlton is for suburbanites who enjoy bragging about their hotel more than they actually enjoy their stay.

Unfortunately theres not much quality lodging around Emory so you're going to have to drive from anywhere you stay. The Four Seasons is by far my favorite hotel in Atlanta. I would definitely pick Midtown or Buckhead over Downtown just for convenience, but you're still going to have a commute in Atlanta. Ritz Carlton is for suburbanites who enjoy bragging about their hotel more than they actually enjoy their stay.

Remember the weekend at the Four Seasons last year? I sure do:

anal-beads.jpg

Back