• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlantic Division race, updated 11/7

Just spent 30 min reading Pack Pride. The football premium board is totally worth the read.

Most are pretty reasonable and concede that we have a better coach, have had more success over the past 20 years, and they anticipate Hartman will eat them alive.

For the most part State fans aren’t delusional about WF the way UNCCH fans are. UNCCH still believes WF treats them like a Super Bowl opponent. For the most part neither WF students nor players really think of UNCCH that way. Admittedly, many older alums view UNCCH as a big time rival. Given the UNCCH delusion of being a power football school they are unlikely to readily admit to WF’s actual records of the past 20 years. That’s one reason it is mostly crickets in Chapel Hill these days.

For the most part State fans aren’t delusional about WF the way UNCCH fans are. UNCCH still believes WF treats them like a Super Bowl opponent. For the most part neither WF students nor players really think of UNCCH that way. Admittedly, many older alums view UNCCH as a big time rival. Given the UNCCH delusion of being a power football school they are unlikely to readily admit to WF’s actual records of the past 20 years. That’s one reason it is mostly crickets in Chapel Hill these days.

For the most part state fans pay attention to football. unc fans pay attention to media coverage of unc.

Clemson lost two more starters for the rest of the year during Saturday's loss to Pittsburgh. Offensive lineman Matt Bockhorst suffered a torn ACL while tight end Braden Galloway separated his shoulder. It was also announced on Monday that veteran defensive end Justin Foster wouldn't play again this season with a lower-back injury.

Brockhorst is a senior starter and was 2nd Team All-ACC last year.

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/foot...tiple-starters-and-contributors-due-to-injury

For this weekend's games, is this right:

WF beats Duke

L'ville beats NC State

FSU beats Clemson

Then, WF clinches the division with a win over NC State, regardless of the outcome of the remaining games.

WF beats Duke

L'ville beats NC State

FSU beats Clemson

Then, WF clinches the division with a win over NC State, regardless of the outcome of the remaining games.

I believe that's about where we are. Not far-fetched in the least. I'm very happy we already played Louisville and FSU. They are rising.

WF beats Duke

L'ville beats NC State

FSU beats Clemson

That's how I understand it. If this weekend's games shake out in this way and we beat State in a few weeks then, at worst, we could end with two conference losses, but would have the tie breaker over State, and Clemson would have at least 3 conference losses and not be in the conversation.

We would also have a tiebreaker over Louisville and FSU if we all finish with two losses, which is fathomable/possible.

I believe that's about where we are. Not far-fetched in the least. I'm very happy we already played Louisville and FSU. They are rising.

And UVA for that matter. They are a quiet 6-2 now. We could look back at that being our most impressive regular season win if they keep rolling.

If UVA wins at BYU this weekend, think the Cavs get ranked.

While Pitt would need to lose another game in addition to losing to UVA, not impossible that the ACCCG could be a rematch of the WF Friday night beat down in C'ville.

And UVA for that matter. They are a quiet 6-2 now. We could look back at that being our most impressive regular season win if they keep rolling.

Agreed. In retrospect, the win at UVA may be the most impressive of the year.

WF beats Duke

L'ville beats NC State

FSU beats Clemson

Yes and it would only require one more state loss to win the division with one win out of any of the last 3 conference games.

ACC record of wins excluding our game? 9-5.

acc record of remaining 4 games? 6-11

WF beats Duke

L'ville beats NC State

FSU beats Clemson

Actually, L'ville doesn't have to beat State since State lost to Miami. Our win against State will be (at least) their second loss and we'd have the tie breaker. All that needs to happen for that scenario is for us to beat Duke and FSU beat Clemson.

ACC record of wins excluding our game? 9-5.

acc record of remaining 4 games? 6-11

Excellent analysis. When we beat Syracuse to go to 4-0 there was a quirk in the schedule so that the 3 divisional teams we beat had not played any of the other 3 teams in the division. So we didn't have any idea about the relative strengths of the teams that we beat compared to State, Clemson, and BC. The prevailing perception was that State, Clemson and BC were the strongest teams but may not be the case.

I'm pretty confident State and Clemson will both lose one more game that's not WF, and we'd go even with 2 losses (even if they're to those 2 teams). But we're going undefeated, so I don't want to even think that way.

I'm pretty confident State and Clemson will both lose one more game that's not WF, and we'd go even with 2 losses (even if they're to those 2 teams). But we're going undefeated, so I don't want to even think that way.

This isn't the official running the table thread, so such thoughts are fair game.

Excellent analysis. When we beat Syracuse to go to 4-0 there was a quirk in the schedule so that the 3 divisional teams we beat had not played any of the other 3 teams in the division. So we didn't have any idea about the relative strengths of the teams that we beat compared to State, Clemson, and BC. The prevailing perception was that State, Clemson and BC were the strongest teams but may not be the case.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that BC is not one of the stronger teams in conference. They started 4-0 in all non-con games, and have since gone 0-3 in conference. My only concern there is Jerkovic (sp?) coming back and giving them a boost.

Back