• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP - Florida Keys

If you're driving down from Miami, stop at Robert Is Here for a key lime milkshake. They also have all sorts of exotic fruit if you want to pick up some stuff to bring with you.

https://www.robertishere.com

There are none..........seriously.

Literally. Not big enough a presence for a beach to build naturally.
The only beach in Key West is man-made from small (and sharp) particles where they blew up and ground the concrete submarine docks from when Key West was the East Coast sub center for the US Navy.

Any suggestions for a cool restaurant in Islamorada. On the water and a cool atmosphere. Trip Advisor focuses on good reviews but most choices tend to be good food in strip centers. Taking my 15 year old daughter to dinner and need to find ambiance as well as good food. We are in Hawks Cay but willing to drive up to Islamorada for dinner.

Three suggestions:

Islamorada Shrimp Shack (fka Squid Row). This is the single best restaurant in the Keys rivaled only by the Fish House. It isn't on the water but it is worth it if you ask me. Don't be turned off by the fact that Guy Fieri featured it. They were open under the Squid Row name 10 years before that and were killing it.
Lazy Days. This is pretty good and is on the water (facing east) right next to Bud N Mary's marina. They will cook your catch if you happen to have fished that day. They do very well.
Island Fish Company. This is in Marathon, not to be confused with the Fish Company in Islamorada that has become a tourist trap because of the World Wide Sportsman next to it. This is on the water facing west so sunsets are good. Never had anything bad there.

Source: lived on and off between Marathon and Islamorada for 6ish years and go back every summer.

I'll second flying into Miami and driving, especially if you shell out the extra $$ for a convertible.
Miami Airport, about 20 years ago, was the first time I ever realized what a presence the Latino community was in this country (and how truly a ignorant redneck I was from western North Carolina).

Three suggestions:

Islamorada Shrimp Shack (fka Squid Row). This is the single best restaurant in the Keys rivaled only by the Fish House. It isn't on the water but it is worth it if you ask me. Don't be turned off by the fact that Guy Fieri featured it. They were open under the Squid Row name 10 years before that and were killing it.
Lazy Days. This is pretty good and is on the water (facing east) right next to Bud N Mary's marina. They will cook your catch if you happen to have fished that day. They do very well.
Island Fish Company. This is in Marathon, not to be confused with the Fish Company in Islamorada that has become a tourist trap because of the World Wide Sportsman next to it. This is on the water facing west so sunsets are good. Never had anything bad there.

Source: lived on and off between Marathon and Islamorada for 6ish years and go back every summer.

Dig this

Three suggestions:

Thanks for this. We went to Island Deli tonight. Looks like Island Fish Company tomorrow.

Back