• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP Polo Shirts

Jos A Bank makes the best quality polo shirts that I've worn, their "commuter" line. Unfortunately they're pretty expensive (for me) and never really go on sale. Ralph Lauren all cotton polos are my go to, since they come in a million colors and you can get them for 30 bucks at Marshals

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This has to be the first time anyone has ever accused Jos A Bank of not having enough sales.

Southern Tide is my favorite. They are comfortable, fit well, and seem to hold up better than other brands.

Southern Tide or Brooks Brother's are what I go with. Both hold up well and are long enough for someone that's tall. Brooks Brother's runs bigger though - Southern Tide is a bit trimmer and fits better. The slim fit Brooks Brother's are good in the body but typically don't have enough room in the shoulders.

it's funny- zero people in oregon wear polo shirts. you're either in a t-shirt or you're in a button-down short sleeved plaid shirt like this:

arc.jpg

(yes, jason has this shirt)

I have tried to get down with the button down short sleeve and I just don't know that I pull it off that well.

My gf bought me some plaid so I wear it to keep the peace but plaid sucks.
"Polo" shirts, tucked in.....that's the deal. You all are welcome to not dress appropriately, but obviously you aren't down,......so ta-hell-witch-ya

clearly i've got a particular 'look' that i like so the plaid really works for me... but it really is crazy how it's more or less the summer uniform out here.

it's funny- zero people in oregon wear polo shirts. you're either in a t-shirt or you're in a button-down short sleeved plaid shirt like this:

arc.jpg

(yes, jason has this shirt)

Short sleeve button down was big when I was a freshman at Baylor - 1998. It seems to have come back lately, but I'm not quick to embrace the look again.

This has to be the first time anyone has ever accused Jos A Bank of not having enough sales.

Southern Tide is my favorite. They are comfortable, fit well, and seem to hold up better than other brands.

Their suits are always like buy 1 get 5 for a nickel, but the 75 dollar polo shirts never seem to go on sale

Short sleeve button down was big when I was a freshman at Baylor - 1998. It seems to have come back lately, but I'm not quick to embrace the look again.

where do you live?

it's big-time in the PacNW.

Atlanta now. I see the short sleeve button down every now and then but still see the polo shirt more often down here.

yeah, for sure.
big brother and wifey came out to visit last year (from charlotte). he brought a bunch of polos to wear (because that's normal), and said he has never felt more overdressed.

nobody dresses 'nicely' here. hipster/trendy, sure. but not 'nice'.

I feel like only broke ass detectives should be wearing short sleeve button downs....

You're thinking of a years old faded medium polo with some sort of IT related logo, as in they were giving these out free at a conference/job fair/training trip/company picnic

Jesus, not the top button too. No, I don't have a minute to talk about the Book of Latter Day Saints!

Back