• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Who Trims the Bush?

RubbinsRacin

Junior2016!!!!88!!1!!!!
Reaction score
So, my neighbor's back yard backs up to our driveway. They have these hedges/trees/shrubs that are pretty wild and growing into our driveway, so that now they are hitting and scratching our cars as we drive in/out. They are tall plants too, so trimming them will be a huge pain in the ass. My questions is- is it my responsibility or my neighbors responsibility to keep that shit trimmed off my property?

At the end of the day I will probably do it, but like I said, it's going to be a pain in the ass. Plus, I think they rent, so if I ask them to fix it, it could fall to the landlord and they might not have to deal with it, although he does cut his own grass so maybe that's not part of their deal. We're friendy with these people, but not good friends. What should I do?

*feel free to discuss your thoughts on pube maintenance as well, since that's probably why you checked this thread in the first place.

you can cut up to your property line if it hangs over.

i'd probably talk to him first, though.

Yeah, I know I can...I just don't want to if I can make him do it (somehow without being a dick about it).

Good fences make good neighbors. Cut them yourself and save the drama.

Yeah, I know I can...I just don't want to if I can make him do it (somehow without being a dick about it).

Have you talked to him about it? If he rents he probably doesn't care either way. He'll probably contact the landlord or give you the contact info.

If you do prune the bushes, the law is that you can only do so in a manner which will not cause them harm.

This thread is not about what I thought it would be about.

hate to tell you but if they rent they will most likely not do it and depending on the owner...they might not do it either. i mean, they are not being affected by not cutting them. heck, they may like the privacy it provides!

it is a pain in the ass and not your trees/shrubs but just cut them back yourself and save yourself time and effort.

If I was the renter no way in hell would I cut them back. You should just ask the renter for the landlords contact info.

Goes way beyond ordinary maintenance and it shouldn't be the renter's responsibility. Now, if the renter is a nice guy to the point of a pushover, he might do it.

Sounds like a lazy renter to me (not rubbin' in this case, but the hypothetical renter). If you're renting a unit in the building or a condo, then I'd say no, but if you're renting a house just man up and cut some sticks.

yeah our neighbor asked us to cut some kudzu that was going into her backyard. she's old and her yard is awesome. it took like 20 minutes to chop that junk up. I'd rather the old lady neighbor not be pissed at us. Per our lease yardwork is our responsibility tho.

Back