• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: WTF is there to do in Columbia, SC?

wfudkn

cookout = blabbermouth?
Reaction score
So my wife gets to go to Columbia, SC for a week in Feb for work and she's looking for recs of things to do and places to eat. Any suggestions?

"Travelling to South Carolina is like playing Russian Roulette with only one chamber empty - pull the trigger and hope you go to Charleston."

This is one of the reasons I haven't visited my parents at their place in SC for like 5 years.

Visit the campus? St. Peters is a really nice church. That's all I got.

Visit the zoo or Cromer's Peanuts...may need to commute to Charleston for R&R.

If she stays there long enough, they might hire her to be the new HBC.

Get drunk at the salty but and bang some frat bros. if she's a hippy chick get drunk at village tavern and bang some frat bros.

Columbia sucks. Better to be there now than in the middle of the summer when it's hotter than Satan's asshole I guess.

hmmmm I ain't defending but only nervous nubs think it's super hot. Hotter than DC or NYC or CLT for sure but get out and travel a bit....it ain't that hot

I have lived in Columbia since 2002. What types of things is she interested in? Dining? Art? Shopping? Send me a PM and I will help as best as I can (ie ask my wife)

Ate at a nice restaurant in downtown but it was 13-14 years ago and I don't even remember the name.

Count me in the unpopular opinion group that likes Columbia. I grew up a county over, though. The Midlands are a sportsman's paradise.

Back