• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: WTF is there to do in Columbia, SC?

Columbia sucks. Better to be there now than in the middle of the summer when it's hotter than Satan's asshole I guess.

this made me laugh. there is a good wine bar/restaurant across the street from the downtown marriott. farmer's market down the street on Sat morning.

the planetarium at the SC state museum is very cool.

Ate at COLA and Bourbon earlier this week both were really good. Taco Tuesday at the Whig..cool dive bar. The BBQ at Southern Belly is pretty awesome...the Midas sauce!

Zoo, Riverfront area below the Vista, the Military Museum and the State Museum are all good...especially the Zoo.

From Columbia and try to stay away as much as possible but there is some good stuff. The zoo is pretty great and the state museum is pretty good. This time of year it's nice to hike. Congaree national park is nice. The food scene is actually pretty up and coming compared to when I was growing up. Southern Belly really is great. Don't go to Five Points. The Vista has some decent spots. Will try and help with more recs if you want to message. Went home for a couple days for Thanksgiving and the flood destruction is still very obvious and will be for a while so just remember that. The Subway by a creek by my mom's house is half floating over the creek bed. You will also see lots of big garbage cans still out and abandoned houses.

Back