• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATTENDANCE: 26,202

It is fair to note that there is usually a difference between number of tickets sold for a game and the number of people in the stands.

Wrong. It's actually the opposite of a fair point. It's a straw man response.

Roll after every football win used to be the rule.

Of course when we were there we were winning 1-3 games a year, so it made sense. Would hope our standards for rolling would be a bit higher now.

By the way, the quad was rolled last night. After a win over Presby-fucking-terian. Holy LOWF. And it's the most pitiful quad roll I've ever seen.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet, but rolling the quad was an orientation activity for the freshman. They had to physically teach them about the tradition because it's dying out and there is so little that happens worth rolling the quad.

I don't know if it's been mentioned on here yet, but rolling the quad was an orientation activity for the freshman. They had to physically teach them about the tradition because it's dying out and there is so little that happens worth rolling the quad.

For fuck's sake.

A great question. ACC teams are forced to accept a Thursday night kickoff at 6:30 for ESPN3??

Last edited:
No. Because they want more days to prepare for a Friday game the next week and don't want to be too late on a school night.

No. Because they want more days to prepare for a Friday game the next week and don't want to be too late on a school night.

That makes sense, if true, but I'd like to think we could start preparing in advance for BC given we were playing Presby. Thursday night games suck, and 6:30 is a lousy Thursday kickoff time. Couple that with a noncompetitive/uninteresting opponent, and you get a lousy turnout.

Good news, even more tickets sold for the ULM game; from 26,202 to 26,505.

Last edited:
Only a 303 bump in fake attendance from a Thursday night game against Presby to a Saturday 12:30 game against an FBS opponent is pretty bad.

It felt like there were less people at this game which is not saying much. ULM brought half the fans that Presby did (basically family members only).

0c15.jpg

I guess 24,000 of the fans sat on the West side

This is exactly the crushing problem faced by Wake Forest football.
In a good year for a "big game" we have 22-25,000 Wake fans and 8-12,000 opposing fans (maybe more if the opponent is UNC or NCSU). In a bad year or for a "minor" opponent those numbers drop considerably.
Most of us have been to games at VaTech, NCSU, ECU, Clemson, S. Carolina etc. with 60-75,000 home fans and about 10,000 opposing fans even for games that are not "big". Students go to the game and stand for most of it. The crowd is loud, partly because there IS a crowd.
Yes, I understand about the size of the schools and fan bases involved, but this is what we recruit against; it must be terribly difficult to convince an 18 year-old with stars in his eyes to come to Wake under the best of circumstances.

*This should in no way be read as an excuse for this year or last as I do believe the results have been worse than the talent level.*

Just after kickoff. Not 26000.
attachment.php

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379267344486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379267344486.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back