• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Attention Marketing, Branding, AD Dept., Higher Ups: Wake Needs a Beer... Stat!

Spragoo

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a few years now, but Wake Forest needs our own beer made by a local brewery. We need to serve that beer in Groves stadium. I was standing with Barry Faircloth at the Tulane game last year in New Orleans, and he tweeted about it because Tulane has its own beer that they sell at games. Unfortunately, State has beaten us to the punch on this issue.

There would be no better way to market, brand, and make Wake "cool" than to come up with a unique beer produced by one of our many local breweries. I would say Foothills but could be ok with others.

Someone please make this happen. Launch it the week of the UNC game to rub in the fact we can have beer in the stadium and public universities can't (for now).

What should we call it?
Mother So Beer?
Demon Deacon Double IPA?

I love Mother So Beer. Come on Foothills make it happen

In addition to hops and other ingredients, the winter brew should come in two flavors- ExLax and Xanax.

A Black & Golden Ale. I’ll take half the profits for this idea. Let’s make it happen.

Fiddlin' Fish is making "Game, Set, Shandy" for the Winston-Salem Open next week.

Call it Deacon Brews.

Mother So Beer. Cool gold/black can. Easy to drink golden ale. Boom. We're rich!

Tigerswood gets it. We want this to be a beer we can drink and showcase all day, both before and during the game. A golden ale suits this purpose.

Danny Manning ale. Very expensive with fancy packaging. Tastes like shit but the marketing pretends it’s the greatest beer ever and you’re stupid for thinking otherwise.

Jeff [Redacted] lager. You think this is shitty beer? Well fuck you buddy

Danny Manning ale. Very expensive with fancy packaging. Tastes like shit but the marketing pretends it’s the greatest beer ever and you’re stupid for thinking otherwise.

Jeff [name redacted] lager. You think this is shitty beer? Well fuck you buddy

The Danny Manning Ale costs too much to get rid of so you have to drink it.

Last edited:
Hide Your Keys, all the promise of a full bodied beer, with nothing inside.

Snot Bubbles, starts promising, peaks mid-can, but ends up flat and uninspiring

Back