• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

August 6, 2015 Debate(s?) -- OFFICIALY OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD. CLICK HERE NOW!

I think 10 candidates is going to be a complete shit show and nobody will come out looking good.

You can probably have a decent debate w/ 6-7 candidates. Decent meaning enough time for everyone to speak.

Keep Trump in for the comedic value. Kasich, Rubio, Jeb, Rand, Christie, and Walker would be a decent debate. Cruz, Huckabee, and Carson (along with Trump) just drag the entire field down and hurt the GOP in a general election.

I really wish I could play this game. I am not going to get home from work until after the debate has started and probably will have to fastforward through a lot of it. Going to be fun.

'All Lives Matter' is going to be a killer if they bring up PP. And if Trump brings himself up in the third person you should have to finish the bottle. That is a game over kind of reference.

Well, not to mention, drinking to excess seems pretty sinful.

Conservative Criminal Justice Advocates Say They Know How To Drown Out Trump

“A lot of these issues that the candidates are going to be asked about — the Iran nuclear deal and abortion and guns — you know, those are all very, very important issues to be sure, but the answers from the candidates are going to be largely the same,” Holly Harris, executive director of the U.S. Justice Action Network, a new 501c4 from the bipartisan groups behind the Coalition for Public Safety, told BuzzFeed News. “On criminal justice reform, that’s where things could really get interesting.”

It will be interesting to see how the candidates establish views that can make them stand out vs. the rest of the group. (Other than Trump doing his thing.)

Wait, they have a B team debate going on now? Man.

I think it will be hilarious! Honestly, the thought that any of these could be the next president scares the fuck out of me!

Anything interesting in the debate?

Final_GOP_Bingo.0.png

That's actually a tough bingo board. Maybe the second row happens but that's about it.

Yeah. Also the left to right diagonal.

I really don't think he can do it, but if Trump somehow looks presidential, his numbers could go 30+.

I really don't think he can do it, but if Trump somehow looks presidential, his numbers could go 30+.

Trump didn't get to where he is be looking presidential. I do think he has potential to get his numbers up if he allows the rest of them to look bad. Jeb has to look presidential but not in a "presidential family" way.

I feel like Rand and Huckabee already peaked. Carson has room to grow but probably won't. I think he'll do decent enough and won't embarrass himself. Walker has a lot to lose after people see him in action. Rubio could look like amateur hour.

Kasich could score some points and has a home state advantage. I could see him vaulting to the top 5 if he doesn't say moderate stuff or get called on it.

Last edited:
Anything interesting in the debate?

I didn't watch, just saw some stuff on Twitter. Apparently Lindsey Graham answered every question by saying he would send troops to the Middle East and Santorum compared gay marriage to slavery. This Daily Beast writer live tweeted it a bit:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi

Yeah, I'm hoping that Kasich does well enough to become an actual contender. Nobody else really fires me up that much.

Back