• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

August 6, 2015 Debate(s?) -- OFFICIALY OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD. CLICK HERE NOW!

This is the bottom line: Donald Trump has the Republican Party by the balls....and they know it. Their problem is that they can't do anything about it. What Fox News did tonight shows their desperation. And as many, many people have said....they've brought this unsolvable problem on themselves over the years with all their hatred & negativity. It's just like the Tea Party. The GOP created that Frankenstein. Now it is beyond their control.

The whole thing is hilarious....and so satisfying. A party that has acted like the GOP over the last three decades deserves to cease to exist. And what the GOP has done since Obama has been president is completely unprecedented in the entire history of this nation. No opposition party in history has ever made the open commitment to unanimously oppose everything a president did out of hand and totally refuse to work with him in any way to conduct the nation's business.

You couldn't be more wrong, bkf. Fox news is desperate? What a joke. lol They played up the drama, and escalated the entertainment value. After all, entertainment for the most part is their business.

To be fair to Trump (I can't believe I'm saying this), he got treated like shit by Fox News.

I don't know why it's sad that I've watched most debates since I was a kid. I watch a ton of sports but think I'd rather have the population watching presidential debates than sports.

Have never seen a debate with commercials, so Fox made huge bucks off the debate. In the short-term a feud with Trump makes sense since it drives ratings for the next debate. Doesn't make sense for the long haul because Fox viewers love Trump calling into their morning show. Fox also doesn't want Kelly being dragged down and they can't go easy on Trump next time as a make up call. RNC is really hosed if they bar Trump from future debates. Trump goes independent and gift wraps the election for Hillary.

Back