• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

August 6, 2015 Debate(s?) -- OFFICIALY OFFICIAL DEBATE THREAD. CLICK HERE NOW!

Kasich basically did that w.r.t. gay marriage. He said "I believe in traditional marriage, but we also have a law in this country now which says that members of the same sex can get married, so I'm not going to spend time focusing otherwise. If my daughter were gay, I would love her unconditionally like God loves me."

Though it was one of the strongest moments of the night.

Agree. He answered one of the toughest questions perfectly. He has really moved up for me. Really impressed with both he and Rubio last night. Kasich particularly.

Yeah, there is no way anyone other than Trump was the most mentioned on Twitter.

A #blackcandidatesmatter tag would have been gold last night.

A #blackcandidatesmatter tag would have been gold last night.

Haha, apparently some had the same thought:

Haha. I guess it was gold. I need to stop by Circuit City and pick up one of those Twitter machines.

i was saying it's really sad if that's a HAYMAKER

not policy or substance

Conservatives are not going to forgive Christie. It was not the hug but rather the characterization by Christie that Obama was doing a very competent job. The thrust of Romney's attacks on Obama was incompetence. The economy was still sputtering at this point. Christie completely destroyed Romney's strongest line of attack at exactly the worst possible moment. It is hard to say if there was a tangible effect but it could have been worth a percentage point of two. A lot of pubs saw that as Christie being out for himself as opposed to his party. Christie lost any chance he had at winning the nomination way back then.

The interesting thing to me was Christie not taking the bait when Trump went off about Atlantic City. For me, it seemed like he could have taken the opportunity to talk about hugging Hurricane Sandy victims as well as 9/11 victims when they brought up his Obama hug.

Fiorina allegedly did well in the JV Debate, but don't see any of the others surviving much longer. Same thing alpplies to at least Carson and Huckabee. Still leaves nine which is a large field.

Trump: Trump.
Carson: Best doctor of the group.
Scott Walker: Really liked what the best doctor on stage had to say (continuous nodding).
Kasich: Measured, easily the most moderate, and did a good job demonstrating his track record.
Christie: The legitimate "candid" candidate. Smart.
Paul: Loves himself and his counter-Republican traits.
Cruz: Swarmy. Seriously, the guy is a creeper.
Rubio: Republican Obama. Very polished, little substance.
Bush: Somewhat tepid, hesitant. Surprising given his experience and track record.
Huckabee: Crazy tunes.

Fiorina allegedly did well in the JV Debate, but don't see any of the others surviving much longer. Same thing alpplies to at least Carson and Huckabee. Still leaves nine which is a large field.

Agree that some folks need to drop out, but there is really nothing between now and the next debate (9/16) that would cause anyone to do so. In 2012 (much smaller field), nobody really dropped out until late November/early December.

CL0InoWUEAA4jvc.jpg:large

I'm still laughing, btw.

Fox's GOP debate had record 24 million viewers

Fox's GOP debate was watched by 24 million viewers on Thursday night, according to Nielsen data, making it the highest-rated primary debate in television history.

The event, which featured Donald Trump in his first debate, was also the highest rated telecast in the nearly 20 year history of the Fox News Channel, a spokeswoman said.

That's part of why I don't fully buy the 538 analysis based on historical data. This year doesn't fit models in a lot of ways.

Republican viewers angry at Fox News and Megyn Kelly due to their "unfair" treatment of Trump in the debate last night: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...at-fox-news-and-megyn-kelly-they-shouldnt-be/

The top comments on their Facebook posts today also reflect this:

I have been a fox fan for well over 15 years. Truthfully I think Megyn Kelly has been a bit over rated . After last night I'll NEVER watch her segment again.It was the most unprofessional attack on a candidate I've ever seen. ( hostile and deliberate at Trump )And I have to say with Foxes blessing clearly this reflects on Fox . So much for fair and balanced. I have defended that stance TNTC but after last night I see you are no better than the rest of the media you so often criticize for bias. Shame on the Fox News Network , you blew it and don't think American are so blind and stupid to see your agenda.
Worst debate moderating I ever witnessed! I will only watch Kelly File one more time, tonight to see if there will be an apology, then I'm done with her and Fox News, and on to Newsmax!
Fox news did a hit job on Trump! I NO longer will watch Fox news I'll be getting my news from ANOTHER SOURCE!
If Trump goes independent I'll go independent right along with him.. who wants to be associated to this GOP that tries to destroy their own party candidates?
I will follow trump , I believe he could win a third party , but I'm more disgusted with Fox News honestly bashing trump using the debate to do it , sad unforgivable
https://www.facebook.com/FoxNews?fref=ts

But when people start dropping out, if you are already not a Trump crazy, you aren't going to then jump on his bandwagon. Eventually it will be close to an aggregate of all the current non-Trump pubs, and the same crazies that Trump has now.

The GOP is scared about the damage he's doing bringing up uncomfortable topics for the party in the spotlight and forcing them into bad stances on immigration etc. for the general. He has no shot to win.

I have nothing to say politically as I found all of them pretty hopeless, but just wanted to say I watched the post game show on Fox News after the debate and it was pretty solid television. Like a reality show mixed with The View (by older males) mixed with First Take, with a dash of Vermin Supreme. definitely hope Trump, Paul, Carson, or Christie get the nod for the continued good television. Trump would be especially great because he somehow manages to piss off liberals, FOX News, and the GOP while just giving absolutely no fucks

Back