• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response

Oh Holy Night does it every time. Also, flyovers. And Susan Boyle.

Or maybe these are just "chills"?

I mostly experience this during a powerful piece of music. The climax of the five minute crescendo in Adagio for Strings does it for me every time.

Puns not intended.

Last edited:
Every time I bite into an apple. Every. Time. If I can force myself to eat one in it's entirety, I'm exhausted. I think it has something to do with the texture/crispness.

I mostly experience this during a powerful piece of music. The climax of the five minute crescendo in Adagio for Strings does it for me every time.

Puns not intended.

skrillex-fish-meme-generator-d-d-d-drop-the-bass-c75292.jpg

Get it from music, and get something similar when I see someone get physically hurt.

I get it from music, particularly stuff that builds up like the national anthem (if it's not one of those gay acapella reworks) Frank Thomas FTW.

This. Sometimes a certain moment of a certain song will hit me just right.

There's a point in REM's "Man in the Moon" that causes this in me, I love this sensation.

The most powerful time I felt it was during basketball Senior day my Senior year at Wake.

For the documentary your friend should have cameras trained on Deacon fans the day [Redacted] is fired.

Curious to hear about the similarities and differences between ASMR and 'chills'.

From the OP I would like a comparison to "Runner's High" which is exactly what it sounds like to me. It's the same feeling I get when smelling a particularly exquisite wine.

Back