• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

So damn relieved to be a citizen after I re entered the universe as mafia on what ended up the worst team of all time. I’m not happy Eaglez is here to destroy our souls.

*GoalieMom*

Airplane! is 1980 and great

depending on your taste, some of the John Cusack movies are still just as campy now as they were in the 80s

some super cringey sexism and racism though

it's also a lot easier to lament the lack of incremental change when you've always been a part of the in-group

I dislike these three posts coming in an hour showing juice reading the thread and not posting anything about the game in the run up to d1 deadline but i've never played before with juice to the best of my knowledge

and apparently once i multi quote like numbers post i can't un-multi quote? awesome.

alright cool. switch to knight

i don't see the point of sd3 doing this to civKnight to put him up 7-3 with 23 mins left in the round if he's mafia & knows knight is going to die and come back civ coupled with prior post about wanting to heroball at deadline.

as I told you in mafia chat - Bruno is the far superior player but Daniel James is hugging a dog that his parents just got for him for his bday and that is unbridled joy on his face.

The avatar goes NOWHERE. Final. Lock it in.

this is @townie d2 after townie votes for dv7. WIFOM.

Ugh, vote da. Some of the best movies are old movies. Singing in the Rain, lots of Hitchcock movies, Casablanca.

Knight, stop using Juice's log in.

I'm fine with numbers or mako here.

numbers

the multi-quote flipped post 2 & 3 here but I dislike all 3 of these posts & the second/third post were the entirety of rd2 contributions despite being around to have a preference and comment on Juice's posting style.

El cariño que te tengo
No te lo puedo negar
Se me sale la babita
Yo no lo puedo evitar

I've mentally noted the slow move away from numbers this round for end game should I make it there (lol, nope).

I have zero reads and zero evidence from posts from shiny, since there are so few posts -- is that normal? So I'm not voting for him yet just because others are.

I want to vote W3 because he is being weird at sports this round, so I'll just do that.

***switch to WFU03***

explainer explains a lot

Heyyy Redwing - What’s with the civ killshot?

strong dislike & i will reiterate now having re-read: there is nothing the end of d2 that paints that killshot by redwing as redwing being mafia. Easy place for mafia to try to go to get a kill d3.

and to be clear, regarding the bym post - wanting to know why redwing killed jman is fine; adding 'civ' in front of the KS language is the problem with it.

WFU03 (6) - numbers, SD3, Juice, GoalieMom, Townie, mako
redwing (2) - GAT, bern
Townie (2) - rommy, Da
GoalieMom (1) - shiny
dv7 (1) - gouda
GAT (1) - damo
ryala (1) - Da

YTV: Lots of people

switch to

townie

I don't understand why ryala and redwing aren't tied up until they talk. #LEVEL1!

***redwing***

So, this was second half of d3; wfu03 who i don't have as clear but am not interested in pursuing as mafia at this time, is way up ahead. juice moves onto to townie to bring it closer. could be maf being fine on teammate they don't think is going to go, but moving from 03 to rw is a pretty ballsy move there if juice is bad. then toog comes in with this vote after heat starts to pull off from 03 to push redwing up to 4 to give alternative to players to vote for other than townie.

for tickles

***townie***

excepting myself, to the extent anyone wants to give civ credit for being on townie, it should probably end with this vote. i had just said i was against 03 & rw dying, voted for townie and then gouda comes on which puts townie into the lead. i think at this point in the round it's less likely 03 dies, and townie becomes a good spot for a large mafia to break off if need be to lynch someone who might be going. i think it was numbers who asked me in the thread about my opinion on credit to votes on townie this round and it really ends at this "Townie (3) - rommy, Da, Juice".

This checks out. Wasp should be added, too.

It would be dumb for WFU03 to claim a character in a large game in which we can pretty much name the characters that will be included and we know if that character is civ aligned. Fake claiming Falcon when there is probably an actual Falcon would be silly. The people who are insisting on WFU03 don't look good here.

The overall set up of the game makes sense so far. Hawkeye as a civ vig is dead one. Mantis as a vanilla civ makes sense. Ant-Man as a vanilla civ makes sense. Based on what we know so far, I'm guessing Thanos is a GF who has to meet some condition to wipe out a large number of civs, but probably not half. The rest of the mafia is the Black Order who have general one-time mafia powers.

I'm guessing the only remaining civs with powers are the ones who were around at the beginning of Endgame. Captain Marvel would be the most powerful, perhaps with some power that can take out Thanos. Nebula could maybe.

This is all assuming Gooner stuck with the films. I didn't think he'd do it based on the initial description, but so far it checks out.

I agree with Bern that people should be careful claiming if their character was ever in possession of a stone in the films.

I think you said something like that last game. I've maybe made one heroball effort in all these years of playing.

LOL.

I did a super quick read to catch up. So far DV7 and Townie seem most mafia like to me. I don't remember what DV7 is like as a civ, but this looks mafia to me.

DV7

and i still don't like ph claiming townie is mafia in a close vote and throwing a solo out on dv7 in this spot.

i'm also not analyzing tcc or mako after their posts this round. i'm treating them as civs. if they're still sitting here day 7 it's probably worth reassessing them just not being in mafia chat for a hit but i'm ignoring that possibility for now.

mk just so i'm clear...it seems like the most likely scenario is dv7 breadcrumbed a role throughout this game to claim it later as mafia, only to have his teammate claim the same role & dv7 still claim it this round without alleging having any powers. that's what i just read right?

I got a laugh that DV7 had to explain his breadcrumb because no one would have gotten it.

Pretty sure someone has already pointed this out, but Townie was really disposable. I wouldn't pay much attention to the voting. It looks like not only do the Black Order have general one-time mafia powers, but they're conditional.

what are the odds dv7 is being truthful? 37%? in what world does townie claim a role dv7 was apparently coding into his messages as teammates???

Back