• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AWD vs 4WD

yeah, there's a surly crosscheck (bike), but the subaru crosscheck is their new crossover.

oh, oops. i did.
must have been thinking of the surly bike when i posted it.

My sister in law is getting the BMW X1 as a crossover type car. I haven't seen one but wonder if anyone else has and what impression you might have.

My sister in law is getting the BMW X1 as a crossover type car. I haven't seen one but wonder if anyone else has and what impression you might have.

Test drove one just for fun at the dealer while my car was being worked on. EXCELLENT. I'm a Bimmerphile so I'm biased but the X1 is amazing. Great interior and the ride is classic Bimmer.

My wife has the X3, so I think the X1 is just a smaller version, assuming it has that same X-drive AWD system. We've got the M version so it handles unbelievably. You can drive it up the windiest mountain roads and you never feel the transmission slip, it is nuts. With regard to the discussion on here it is definitely a car and not a true SUV in any way (it has low profile racing tires, low ground clearance, and I don't think it could tow anything) but it hauls ass and is really fun to drive. As far as mom-mobiles go, it is pretty cool.

I have had a AWD vehicle for years...Love it in the rain...Only complaint is its hard on tires for some reason...

Sounds less like a AWD issue and more like an alignment or driving style issue.

Test drove one just for fun at the dealer while my car was being worked on. EXCELLENT. I'm a Bimmerphile so I'm biased but the X1 is amazing. Great interior and the ride is classic Bimmer.

Nice to know. I've got the 325xi. Great for when we lived in NH. Lease up for wife and thinking of getting a mom type car- though we don't have kids yet. May be a good fit for us. Will consider.

Seen it. Know someone who has it and loces it. My issue is I would be concerned about size.

Yep, love my subaru in the rain.

is the AWD crossover you're considering possibly the Crosscheck? i have a big crush on that car.

No but my husband wants either that or the brz (the one made by both Subaru and Toyota scion)

Back