• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AZ Tea Party get legalized discrimination bill to pass

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/arizona-passes-law-allowing-discrimination

"The Arizona bill is one of several bills across the country aimed at providing legal protection to those who wish to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation. As of Friday, however, it’s the only one to actually pass, with similar bills in Idaho, Tennessee, and South Dakota being defeated and a bill in Kansas being held up in the state Senate.

RELATED: Kansas lawmakers retreat from religious liberty bill

While the bills vary in scope, Arizona’s is among the most broad, expanding that state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act to make it easier for individuals and for-profit businesses to bypass neutral state laws or regulations as long as religion is the reason for doing so.

MSNBC LIVE, 2/21/14, 12:07 PM ET
Arizona passes controversial 'religious freedom' bill

“A for-profit corporation or business could trample on the rights of others by claiming that a legal requirement is religiously offensive,” Tracey Stewart of the Arizona Anti-Defamation League said in a statement in January. "

Why do Republicans in so many states fear gays and want to legalize discrimination against them?

because you touch yourself at night

I'm sadly not surprised that there has been total silence on this issue. This law is pure evil and intentionally discriminatory. It's mindboggling people here can't stand up and say it's wrong.

I wonder how people here would think about a Muslim shop owner or doctor refusing to serve a Christian under this law. It would be allowed.

If there were a Muslim physician who for some reason believed that Allah had forbidden him to treat Christians and had put up a sign in front of his office to that effect, the last thing I would want to do is take a gun and force him to remove that sign.

Who is showing up with a gun?

So you'd be OK with total segregation in the US again? If you are OK with this doctor, why not hotels? why not bathrooms?

If there were a Muslim physician who for some reason believed that Allah had forbidden him to treat Christians and had put up a sign in front of his office to that effect, the last thing I would want to do is take a gun and force him to remove that sign.

Posts like this are why you are regarded as a parody.

If there was a law against having such a sign and if the physician had such a sign, would not eventually someone with a gun show up to force him to take the sign down? Maybe a policeman?

Try to avoid changing the subject for a little bit and address the situation with the physican that you posed. You seem to want to try to force him to treat everyone even if he really feels that he should not. I think that is not very smart. As long as he is not using some kind of force or fraud, let him limit his practice to the types of patients he wishes to treat. Until the affordable healthcaremoneygrab law screws everything completely up, non-Muslims can find themselves a physician who does indeed want to treat them.

If there was a law against having such a sign and if the physician had such a sign, would not eventually someone with a gun show up to force him to take the sign down? Maybe a policeman?

Try to avoid changing the subject for a little bit and address the situation with the physican that you posed. You seem to want to try to force him to treat everyone even if he really feels that he should not. I think that is not very smart. As long as he is not using some kind of force or fraud, let him limit his practice to the types of patients he wishes to treat. Until the affordable healthcaremoneygrab law screws everything completely up, non-Muslims can find themselves a physician who does indeed want to treat them.

I don't want doctors who don't believe in the Hippocratic Oath. That's bad for everyone for a lot of reasons. Poor example.

I don't want doctors who don't believe in the Hippocratic Oath. That's bad for everyone for a lot of reasons. Poor example.

How would you know if RJ had already forced him to take down the sign and act as if he wanted to do the right thing for you?

How would you know if RJ had already forced him to take down the sign and act as if he wanted to do the right thing for you?

I can't even believe that I'm taking this seriously. A licensed doctor would treat everyone. You can't have a medical profession built off of distrusting those providing care.

Yep, I own so many guns.

Why won't you answer? If you are for the doctor being about to discriminate, are you also for hotels and restaurants not allowing blacks? Are you for office buildings being able to have black and white only bathrooms?

RJ, focus on the doctor and forget trying to twist everything into calling someone else a racist. You are avoiding one of the big problems that occur when people try to use force and violence on other people who did not use some kind of force or violence first.

Libertarian arguments are at best a parlor game. Its dinner party conversation, not remotely reasonable or applicable philosophy. Fantastical idealism.

But it is great in Rush songs.

RJ, focus on the doctor and forget trying to twist everything into calling someone else a racist. You are avoiding one of the big problems that occur when people try to use force and violence on other people who did not use some kind of force or violence first.

You said you were OK with the doctor's bigotry. If you are OK with his actions, you must be OK with everyone else doing it.

Affirmative action is still okay, right? I want to be sure we can sort out "good" racial discrimination from the "bad".

Ask the military first.

And their race/name-blind promotions process? Gladly. We should all use OPRs/EPRs in life. Let merit rule. No better idea on Earth. Long been a proponent, waiting on you guys to come around.

Back