• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Backpacking Through Europe

Well, I don't know about the scene in real Europe these days, but I do know that there is a notorious snake den just off the highway that runs between wheeling wva and pittsburgh, right near the state line. Brasky- that's probably a good place to earn some stripes, learn the language, and pick up on the subtle nuances of the scene before jumping straight into the European leagues. But you've probably already familiarized yourself with what the great US of A has to offer if you're already taking it international.

That's a good point, Rubbins. There's something to be said for cutting your teeth on this side of the ocean, easing into it, as opposed to jumping straight into the fire. Those folks in eastern Europe don't mess around. You go in there and conduct yourself improperly, failing to observe proper glory hole etiquette...well, I hope you're comfortable living out the rest of your days tethered to a dialysis machine. Overeager Americans are single-handedly responsible for the bullish Euro kidney black market.

Looking at flying into Madrid on July 24th or 25th and coming out of Amsterdam on August 7th or 8th. Route as of now is:

Madrid-Barcelona-Milan (could be substituted)-Munich-Amsterdam

Thoughts? Advice on trains, hostels, etc.

Could also skip Madrid and just start in Barcelona. Also isn't Milan super expensive? Should I just skip Italy entirely and go Spain-Germany-(France or Belgium)-Holland?

(thread title edited due to Say Hey's homophobia)

Aren't you a little old to be backpacking?

r are simply filling your pack with candy?

Way to step into a thread full of funny way too late with a joke that just isn't funny at all.

Rubbins I'm 26 dude. I'm still viral and in my prime. I don't need to take breaks bro.

i think the word you are looking for is virile bro. if you are looking to become viral, i believe that is known as backpacking through africa, not europe.

Y'all are being too hard on rj. Dude, rj, you're a man who has been around the block. What kind of words of wisdom can you offer on this topic?

The only other thing I can really add at this point is that classic story of the unsuspecting dude who failed to do his homework and wound up sticking his junk through the hole and directly into a bear trap -- this is really only a risk in the Baltic states and parts of Instanbul. There has never been a documented incident in Western Europe, so you're probably safe. Still, if upon penetration you feel anything resembling cold steel on your member, abort immediately. It could merely be a retainer or some kind of speculum, but better safe than sorry.

Also, Brasky, beware of this scam going around the less reputable establishments in the US...not sure if it's in Europe too. Basically the person in the hole will vice grip your dong and extort more money. Avoidable with lots of lube or, a better trick is to occasionally pull your member completely out of the hole during your service. If they resist this move I would abort immediately. If they are cool with the glory hole interruptus, then you are good to go. Don't let this scare you, it's very rare and only happens in the places a newcomer shouldn't be anyway. Just be aware and all is well!!!

You're welcome:

ve been traveling around Europe lately, and taken the opportunity to experience some of the traditional backpacker type excursions. This includes spending a decent amount of time in hostels.

What I’ve come to realize is that the hostel circuit in Europe is like a fucking underground sex orgy. Seriously, almost every night there is some random guy and girl hooking up.

Note.

These aren’t even guys with game. Random chodes are hooking up with cute girls.

The secret is in the situational environment that the hostel creates. You have a bunch of early 20 something year olds traveling around the continent, only staying in each city for a few days.

Therefore there are no social repercussions. From a girls view point, this is HUGE!

No social repercussions for being called a slut, and no awkward guys stalking them afterwards. There is little to no worries about having sex with any random dude, because they are in and out of their life so quickly, and onto another city within a few days.

The other HUGE benefit, is that they are PRE-EXTRACTED!

No need to worry about pulling the girl out of the club and being all dominant just to try and get her back to your room. She is sleeping at the same place, sometimes in the same room!

I’ve developed a technique for how to get involved in this awesome pool of sexual profligacy.

Per usual, as in most of my articles, you need to start out with a plan and a little research.

When picking a hostel, certain ones will be more known for fun and social characteristics. I don’t care how clean the bathroom is, or how big the lockers are. I just want to know if people who stay there have a lot of fun and it’s easy to socialize.

So, once you pick the right hostel, head there and unpack your belongings.

Then it’s just as simple as heading to the common area and chilling out. I’m on my laptop a decent amount being a forum chode and writing these damn articles, so I’ll just do that in the main lounge area.

The cool thing about hostels is that EVERYONE is in the exact same situation. They are all traveling, usually alone, and are actively looking for some social interaction. It gets lonely on the road, and people are VERY receptive to talk with.

It’s actually really interesting, but the hostel experience has really bolstered my internal belief that “Everyone is friendly.” I’ve gotten so many good reactions from starting conversations with people in hostels, that I’ve built up hundreds of reference points proving that everyone is friendly. It has resulted in me approaching random people in my day to day activities much more often.

The next step to take after starting to converse with people in the common area is to start talking about what is going on that night. It can be both guys and girls, ask where the good bars/clubs are. The majority of the time, no one will know, but EVERYONE is down to go out.

All you have to do is show some enthusiasm towards going out, and say you would like to join in. Most of the time people are happy to have more people to hit up the bars with.

You’ll end up having a group of people, and you quickly develop a pretty deep friendship, for the night. You have instant commonalities because you are all traveling through similar adventures.

Be cool with everyone. Then when you find your girl, it is important to make your intent known fairly early. When I was starting out with this, I would take more of a sneak attack approach because I didn’t want to fuck up the dynamics of the whole hostel group. But what would end up is the wrong girl would pick me, and then all the other ones would back off.

Seriously, it’s that fucking direct. In multiple countries, I would here girls calling “dibs” on guys, the guy they picked for the night.

So make your intention known early. This is pretty easy, just start getting more physical and flirty with your target, more so than the other girls. Watch out when getting flirty with girls you are not interested in, because they are all very receptive due to the situation, and will think that you like them and call dibs, preventing the chance of hooking up with your desired girl.

Now it’s time to get selfish. If you have any skillz in this area you are going to be vastly ahead of most guys you will go out with. Just keep your attention on your girl and shamelessly escalate, in front of the whole group.

Also, don’t feel bad if you go for a girl after she was making out with some other guy in your group. These girls are just super receptive and it’s really easy to escalate, chodes are even doing it, so step up and take the girl you want.

Once you have stated your intent through getting flirty and physical with your girl, and she is receptive to it, it’s just a matter of chilling out until everyone starts leaving to go home.

No need to push it. She’s staying at the same place.

When you get home, then it’s just a matter of getting her isolated. Not even fully isolated, because it’s socially accepted. There are multiple times where people are hooking up in 8 bed dorm rooms while everyone else is trying to sleep.

It’s that easy.

Rjkarl, that is the best post you have ever made, sir. Awesome.

Woah. Woah. Woah. Where did this RJ post come from? This may be a top five Pit post of all time.

And to think that I sobered up and had talked myself out of going to Europe, and instead was going to stay here and save monies. How can I possibly not go after reading that? Gloryholes be damned, I'm all in on the hostel orgy train!

Woah. Woah. Woah. Where did this RJ post come from? This may be a top five Pit post of all time.

And to think that I sobered up and had talked myself out of going to Europe, and instead was going to stay here and save monies. How can I possibly not go after reading that? Gloryholes be damned, I'm all in on the hostel orgy train!

Taken from a blog.

For reals tho, hostels are super awesome. I stayed at them exclusively during my romp through Europe and I was pleasantly surprised by the accomadations and the social aspects. My hostel sponsered pub crawl through Madrid was a highlight of the trip.

Gonna make this the honorary everything European travel thread RIP brasky

Zürich feels overrated - it's nicer than Geneva but like 3x as expensive

been having a lot of success hitting the supermarkets for breakfast pastries/coffee and lunch sandwiches to save some skrilla for more expensive dinners

glad to be driving into my homeland of BAVARIA tomorrow

see the Koryfamily farm that's carried our last name since the 1400s on Sunday

When you get home, then it’s just a matter of getting her isolated. Not even fully isolated, because it’s socially accepted. There are multiple times where people are hooking up in 8 bed dorm rooms while everyone else is trying to sleep.

It’s that easy.
Not cool RJ, not cool at all

Back