• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baddour resigns

To be fair, the comment sounds like something that may have been bantered around the day of Gaudio's firing.

No, it's a football issue

It could become a bball issue if the NCAA wanted to take it that direction. Most of the team (going years back...Hansblow included) has taken the Swahili class that McAdoo brought to light.

Prediction:

UNC persuades Jim Delany to step down as commissioner of the Big 10 and to assume the position of Athletic Director (the shining knight on the white horse riding in to rescue is alma mater from disgrace).

UNC hires interim head football coach until the end of the season, then rehires Mack Brown who is essentially toast in Texas following his 2nd consecutive losing season.

Admittedly far fetched on both counts...but I imagine this would be the dream of many heels.

The contingent of UNC fans who are legitimately ANGRY at UNC for firing Butch Davis, a guy they should have fired last fall, are very curious to me.

I assume that contingent is made up primarily of Tar Heel fans who did not actually attend UNC.

That's my guess too Say Hey. The UNC alum with whom I've talked since last night are very happy to have him gone and hope that they can start restoring the image of the university.

The contingent of UNC fans who are legitimately ANGRY at UNC for firing Butch Davis, a guy they should have fired last fall, are very curious to me.

I assume that contingent is made up primarily of Tar Heel fans who did not actually attend UNC.

Agree with this. Everybody that I have seen/talked to on Facebook/in person that went to Carolina is extremely embarrassed and wants to move on.

That's my guess too Say Hey. The UNC alum with whom I've talked since last night are very happy to have him gone and hope that they can start restoring the image of the university.

I can mirror the same thoughts from UNC alums with whom I've spoken.

I think there is consternation among UNC alumni that this did not happen last year and did happen the week before fall practice commences. Which really is senseless, except that every step taken by UNC in this fiasco has been calculated to avert NCAA penalties. That indicates to me that something really big was coming from the NCAA and this is their attempt to avoid the most severe penalties.

I have 3 fb friends who are alumni and they are defending Butch. I don't get it. One actually posted that Butch Davis was the best thing to happen to UNC since Mack Brown.

They honestly think he is innocent and "how can he be expected to be up every players butt 24/7" and "every D1 program has improprieties".

You cannot make this stuff up. It's amazing.

my favorite post from that thread:

"they say that with the bad comes the good. While this would certainly not compensate for the unfair termination of Butch, it would be appropriate for him to do so."

yes when is Butch going to get the justice he deserves????????

IC tweeting that Baddour is stepping down to let the next AD make the football hire.

Back